Benefits: Click here to learn more about our benefits!
Americares is a health-focused relief and development organization that saves lives and improves health for people affected by poverty or disaster. Each year, Americares reaches 85 countries on average, including the United States, with life-changing health programs, medicine, medical supplies, and emergency aid. Americares is one of the world’s leading nonprofit providers of donated medicine and medical supplies. For more information, visit americares.org.
About the position:
Every day the Individual Philanthropy & Foundation Relations team contributes to achieving Americares strategic vision and has a significant impact on the organization's bottom line. The team is responsible for identifying and stewarding individuals capable of making major gifts ($10k+) with a goal to raise more than $20 million dollars in private funding in FY2023.
Join a passionate and incredibly effective team spanning different geographic regions; our Development Officers are passionate about what they do! As Associate, you will be responsible for providing administrative support to the fundraising and development efforts of the IP/FR team, as well as providing administrative support to the Chief Development Officer. End result, you’ll enable them to do what they do best, raise money so we can continue to deliver critical healthcare programming to those in need in the US and worldwide.
In the first 90 days, the Associate will have a good understanding of the major gifts portfolios and will have completed CRM training. The Associate will also fully own the acknowledgement letter process as well as support CDO with managing calendars, scheduling meetings and other administrative support.
In the first 6 months, the Associate will have mastery of the CRM, the ability to pull donor reports, and support the fundraising team’s requests. They will also have strong knowledge of and support of the major gifts program; be able to provide high-level administrative support for the Development officers and CDO; proactively manage the calendaring of CDO activities.
In the first year, the Associate will be able to be the IP point person for database (CRM) content and data integrity and be able to support the team through the year-end fundraising cycle. They will also have mastery of CDO presentation materials for full Board & Development Committee meetings. Additionally, the Associate will coordinate and execute annual donor appeals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to the Individual Philanthropy team (i.e., manage calendars, assist with day-to-day)
- Support the Chief Development Officer (CDO) with managing calendars, scheduling meetings and providing administrative support as needed
- Support CDO in preparation of Board materials 3x annually for full Board and Development Committee meetings. Includes coordinating across Development, and Marketing & Communications to pull and organize data, prepare presentations, and work closely with CDO to manage meeting agendas and deliverables
- Support fundraising activities of Development Officers including preparation for donor trips, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship moves
- Assist with the preparation of any necessary documents or presentations for board meetings or other departmental meetings
- Support New Business Development efforts as needed, e.g., arrange meetings; prepare meeting materials and presentations
- Coordinate, prepare and execute annual donor appeals, stewardship pieces and other donor communications, including coordination with Blackbaud Customer Relationship Management (BCRM), printing and graphic design vendors
- Coordinate acknowledgment letter process – from writing to mailing – and prepare other donor correspondence as needed
- Coordinate and disseminate materials for IP/FR team from headquarters, including ordering of stationary and other materials as needed
- Perform other duties that may be requested by Americares
- Serve as the IP point person for database (CRM) content and data integrity
- Maintain the donor database system and provide donor reporting and other research information to the team which is utilized for measuring impact, donor analysis, new business development and reporting purposes
- Act as liaison between IP and other departments within Development to gather and disseminate information
- Ensure SOPs are updated on a regular basis and communicated to the team
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You are a Notary Public or able to become one within 3 months of hire
- You have Microsoft Office proficiency including SharePoint, Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- You have proficiency using a CRM and an appreciation for good record-keeping
- You are goal oriented with the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment, carry out projects independently, manage multiple deadlines, and take initiative
- You have excellent interpersonal skills, organizational skills, and multitasking capacity
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills, proofreading skills and attention to detail
- You have strong analytical skills and enjoy interpreting data
- You have the ability to collaborate with diverse teams and be open-minded and aware of unique backgrounds and experiences
- You have additional language fluency in one of our core languages: Spanish, Tagalog, Hindi, Kiswahili, Haitian Creole (this would be a plus, but is not a requirement).
- You have US work authorization (required)
Additionally, our core competencies as an organization are:
- Ownership and results
- Problem solving
- Equity and inclusion
- Teamwork and conflict resolution
We know not all applicants will demonstrate all the competencies we’re looking for. We encourage you to apply even if you do not check all the boxes above, and we look forward to reviewing your application holistically.
What you can expect:
- Video interview with People and Talent (45 minutes)
- Competency exercise (45 minutes)
- Video interview with team(1.5 hours)
- Reference check
- Background check and onboarding
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org