The Pacific Council on International Policy seeks to hire a Head of Events and Delegations to lead the Pacific Council's events and delegations department. This is a hybrid position.
The Head of Events and Delegations plays a critical role in shaping the Pacific Council’s strategic direction by overseeing the planning, execution, and management of high-impact events, conferences, and delegations for the organization. Must be an excellent communicator in cultivating relationships with high level speakers and subject matter experts, as well as a creative and strategic thinker in developing innovative events to support membership engagement, retention and recruitment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Event strategy and Planning
- Develop and implement events and delegations strategy to support Pacific Council’s mission
- Collaborate with executive management team to identify themes and topics for events and delegations that promote member engagement
- Lead the planning of a balanced event calendar that appeals to all levels of membership
- Perform speaker and subject matter expert research and outreach to support all PCIP events including webinar, in-person events and delegations
Event Logistics and Execution
- Collaborate with Operations team on all aspects of event and delegation logistics including budgeting, venue selection and onsite management
- Collaborate with Communications team to develop event marketing and promotion strategies
- Participate in all Pacific Council events and select delegations
- Build and maintain relationships with partners, government officials, and relevant organizations to support delegations
- Oversee the coordination of meeting agendas for delegations
- Work closely with Operations team on delegation logistics and budgeting
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum Experience: 8 years; combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience
- Minimum Field of Expertise: proven experience in event planning and management; public relations background is preferred
- Strong understanding of international relations, global issues, and foreign policy
- Exceptional leadership and team management skills
- Detail oriented, with exquisite communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with strategic planning
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage complex relationships across various levels and functional areas
- Flexibility to travel domestically and internationally as needed
- Proficiency in event management software and tools
- Proficiency with CRMs, project management tools, Microsoft Office, Google Drive programs, Apple and PC operating systems, and Zoom
- Demonstrated, deep commitment to mission, core values, and our commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Employee must abide by COVID-19 protocols of USC and Pacific Council at all times
- At least 10 years of experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations, business or a related field strongly preferred; advanced degree a plus
- Experience working in government or other international affairs setting
- Experience in entertainment production and working with large brands and companies
- Experience in and capacity to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to multi-task and manage various project elements simultaneously
ADDITIONAL QUALITIES NEEDED
- Relationship Management: Able to cross manage their peers and supervisors against internal project deadlines and initiatives. Balance their own projects against the needs of others. Able to work independently as well as on a team. Understand urgent versus important.
- Executes to Results: Strong ability to create and execute against work plans. History of meeting goals and achieving benchmarks and holding self and others accountable. Troubleshoot and work well with others. Ability to manage a high volume of transactions and be productive in a fast-paced multitasked environment. Committed to process and efficiency.
- Must be very detail-oriented.
- Communication: Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and written. Good listener, empathetic team player, and flexible.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Salary range: $115,000-$120,000 commensurate with experience. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations. This is an exempt role that is not eligible for overtime.
- USC has excellent benefits, including health benefits for staff and their family with access to the renowned university medical network; eligibility for retirement plans with employer contributions after six months of employment; tuition benefits for staff and their family; free Professional Development classes; central Los Angeles location with easy access to commuter trains, buses, and free tram pick up services; discounts to sporting and other campus events.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org