The Senior Associate Administration will be held accountable for administration functions in Mexico, which includes servicing multiple field offices and home-based staff. You will also perform HR duties and function as the local human resources representative and be responsible for providing day-today human resources support for Mexico staff in coordination with HR Advisor Mesoamerica. To be successful in this role, you will need to create and maintain good working relationships with the technical and operations teams in Mexico; you also need to be adept at conflict resolution and have excellent interpersonal skills.
In close coordination with Accounting, Finance and the Legal team, as needed, held accountable for branch/subsidiary meeting all compliance requirements including annual filings; specifically annual financial accounts, audit and payroll year-end reporting and coordinate sign off with company Directors;
- Accountable for general facilities management including all vendors, leasing, set up and shut down, general administration, reception, cleaning, security, transportation, and travel – for primary and, as applicable, satellite offices.
- Develop and handle the Mexico office budget; conduct cost-benefit and feasibility analyses as needed.
- Maintain, update, and communicate office(s) security and emergency plans.
- Administer locally required liability and vehicle insurance.
- Administer inventory and equipment management and controls.
- Coordinate with local auditors, banks, and insurance brokers as needed.
- Enforce compliance with and provide accountabilities for all of RA’s P&Ps paying close attention to procurement, agreement requirements, document retention, accounting procedures, and any additional donor requirements.
- Supervise the Administrative Assistant and provide support and guidance for your workplan.
- Support creation of a positive work environment and vibrant RA culture in Mexico.
- Provide orientation for new hires ensuring an adequate and on time onboarding process.
- Responsible to keep and handle all personnel files, ensuring all information is up to date in both, physical and electronic files, and safeguarding them to ensure information is kept in a safe and secure manner.
- Responsible for the management of all the contracts of personnel; maintaining compliance with local legislation.
- Responsible for the management of the vacation time process of all staff in the country.
- Work with hiring managers on developing/updating job descriptions.
- Serve as liaison with HR Advisor Mesoamerica in proactively identifying and addressing issues locally, such as performance concerns, employee relations matters, morale, etc.
- In coordination with the local accounting representative, process monthly payroll (in-house or through payroll company); and
- Other duties as assigned.
This position leads one staff member and oversees vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- At least 5 years human resources experience that includes business partner processes and compensation and benefits management; knowledge of local legislation regarding contracting, and other personnel processes.
- Metrics reporting experience.
- Time management and prioritization skills.
- Project Management experience is desirable.
- 7 years of increasingly complex experience in an operations, procurement, or logistics role.
- Professional experience with budgeting, and contractual management.
- Solid knowledge of procurement processes and regulations.
- Ability to handle sensitive information confidentially.
- Possess excellent interpersonal communication skills (to communicate and collaborate with peers and senior managers).
- Fluent in English and Spanish, written and oral.
- Experience in a global work environment and/or international nonprofit organization preferred.
- Comfortable working in a constantly evolving, often changing work environment.
Job level: 4A
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: February 11th, 2024
Notes: Only candidates authorized to work in Mexico will be considered.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: [email protected]
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org