Ploughshares Fund is a global security foundation that seeks to reduce nuclear threats and ultimately eliminate nuclear weapons. We believe everyone has the right to a safe and secure future. In order to fundamentally transform nuclear policy, we seek to strengthen the nuclear field with new voices and diverse perspectives; motivate the public and build power with allies; stimulate new approaches and challenge status quo thinking; and catalyze inclusion within the nuclear field and our organization through Equity Rises.
Equity Rises aims to increase equity and justice in nuclear policies and institutions by empowering diverse voices, cultivating inclusive spaces (across identity, sector, and geography), and collaborating with new partners both inside and outside the nuclear field.
Ploughshares Fund is a public foundation that relies on the generous support of individuals, families and foundations.
The Program Associate provides administrative and programmatic support for Ploughshares Fund’s grantmaking team, including operation and enhancement of our grants management system. Additionally, the associate will assist the team with scheduling, research, grant inquiries, and other administrative needs. The associate will also provide strong customer service to Ploughshares Fund’s grantees and potential new partners. This position reports to the Deputy Director of Programs, who is based in Washington, DC.
In this job you will:
Database administration (40%)
• Perform day-to-day administration of our grants database (currently Salesforce-based foundationConnect), including data entry, duplicate account management, opening and closing of fiscal years, technical support and troubleshooting (working with external consultants when appropriate), generation of reports and metrics, and other tasks to ensure information is up-to-date, accurate, and organized;
• Work with an external developer to implement database changes and serve as the main point of contact in database migration plans ahead of foundationConnect’s sunset in 2025;
• Coordinate with program and IT staff to align database strategy with institutional and team goals;
Administrative support (60%)
• Serve as primary point of contact for external inquiries about grant applications, proposal and report deadlines, and other elements in the grant cycle;
• Prepare all grant agreements in accordance with project deliverables and manage related communications with grantees. Track the signing and execution of grant agreements to ensure alignment with Ploughshares Fund’s policies and practices;
• Coordinate with the finance team to ensure accurate and timely transfer of grant funds, including collecting payment information from grantees, tracking grant disbursement, and reconciling with the finance team;
• Provide general support to the program team including: scheduling meetings, aiding grant evaluation, analyzing grant data, proofreading program-related documents, responding to internal requests from leadership and other staff, and other special projects as needed;
• Design and implement the annual grantee survey;
• Participate in program meetings and Ploughshares Fund board meetings;
• Represent Ploughshares Fund at occasional meetings, conferences, or site visits.
To do this job, you will need to have the following skills. We understand that candidates may not initially have all of these skills, but we ask that you have most of them when you apply.
• Previous database management experience; Salesforce and foundationConnect preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint); expertise with MS Excel preferred.
• Strong organizational, data, and project management skills, including attention to detail, accuracy and timelines.
• Exceptional research, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
• Ability to be proactive, take direction, and work independently as well as part of a team.
• Adaptability to changing circumstances, including emergent events and new information.
• Ability to communicate through writing, as well as speaking or signing, in a way that is clear, concise, compelling and accurate, as well as tonally appropriate for and easily understood by internal and external audiences.
• Previous customer service experience preferred.
We require all of our staff to have the following skills, drawn from our organizational values of collaboration, adaptability, understanding and our commitment to Equity Rises:
• Generate new ideas with other staff members by cultivating curiosity.
• Build trust by forgiving others’ mistakes and taking responsibility for their own.
• Communicate needs around tasks, priorities and deadlines clearly to colleagues.
• Adjust their workflow (pace, topic, relationships) to respond to immediate challenges.
• Learn from and respond to others through active listening.
• Ensure their own work derives from the organization’s mission and goals (for example, in strategies and workplans).
• Reflect on and address power (personal and organizational) when communicating and making decisions.
• Help set and achieve departmental and organizational DEIA goals.
For this position we require that you have the following experience:
• At least 1 year prior work experience.
• Relevant transferable skills, work experience, or education including: database management, project management, grantmaking experience.
• On the job training is available, including knowledge about grantmaking and the nuclear field. Employees will also have other professional development opportunities.
• Ability to work at a computer for the majority of the day.
• Some travel is required.
Compensation and Benefits
FLSA Designation: Non-exempt
This is a full-time position, based either in San Francisco, CA or Washington, DC. Ploughshares Fund allows for some remote work flexibility regarding both location and scheduling. For example, in person meetings may be required for collaboration and onboarding, with remote flexibility allowed for independent project work.
This is an Associate level position which has a set hourly rate between $23.03 and $34.57, assuming a 40 hour work week this would be an annual salary range of $47,900 and $71,900. The maximum starting rate will be the midpoint, $28.80/hour ($59,905 annually), and depend on your skills as stated above. Ploughshares Fund offers a full range of benefits including health, dental and vision insurance, a retirement matching plan, paid sick leave and paid vacation time. Ploughshares Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org