REPORTS TO:Senior Cost and Pricing Analyst
LOCATION: Washington, DC
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
EngenderHealth’s vision is Women and Girls First. The vision is underpinned by the mission, namely catalyzing the value of women and girls by harnessing the power of sexual and reproductive rights and health. EngenderHealth is a leading global women’s health organization committed to ensuring that every pregnancy is planned, every child is wanted, and every mother has the best chance at survival.
The Cost Proposal Specialist works closely with resource mobilization and program staff in developing cost proposals, detailed budgets, and budget realignments for sexual and reproductive health projects for public and private donors. S/he is engaged at various points in the program management cycle and works under the general supervision of the Senior Cost and Pricing Specialist, with oversight from the Director for Resource Mobilization and the Chief Financial Officer. Ability to travel 35% of the time.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILTIIES
- Review tender documents to identify and advise on cost proposal instructions and technical requirements with cost implications.
- Develop and prepare complex cost proposals in response to customer requirements. In collaboration with technical staff, prepare budgets (CPFF, T&M, and Fixed Price) in MS Excel for international development project proposals.
- Assist program management staff in completing budget realignments and contract modifications.
- Prepare supporting documentation for long- and short-term cost proposal submissions, including budget narratives, certifications, financial information, etc.
- Provide cost advice to proposal teams in conjunction with proposal objectives.
- Negotiate budgetary items with subcontractors with guidance from technical staff and the Senior Cost and Pricing Analyst.
- Present draft proposal budgets for cost proposal reviews and prepare briefings for Senior Management review.
- Refine cost proposal and budget templates and narratives as necessary.
- Facilitate trainings to staff related to cost proposal development.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Communication - Articulates and presents written and spoken ideas, opinions and information in a clear, concise, structured and convincing manner for the intended audience. Maintains timeliness. Seeks and welcomes feedback and establishes credibility.
- Deciding and Initiating Action - Takes responsibility for actions, projects and people; develops and implements policies, processes and procedures. Takes initiative and works under own direction; initiates and generates activity and introduces changes into work processes; makes quick, clear decisions which may include tough choices or considered risks.
- External Awareness - Understands and keeps up-to-date on local, national and international developments that affect the organization and shape stakeholders’ views. Is aware of the organization’s impact on the external environment.
- Building Trust - Interacts with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization. Operates with integrity and demonstrates honesty while keeping commitments and showing accountability. Treats people with dignity and respect, giving proper credit to others.
- Applying Technical Expertise - Applies specialist and detailed technical expertise; develops job knowledge and expertise (theoretical and practical) through continual professional development; demonstrates an understanding of different organizational departments and functions.
- Analyzing - Analyzes numerical data and all other sources of information, to break them into component parts, patterns and relationships; probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem; makes rational judgments from the available information and analysis; demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be a part of a much larger system.
- Managing Resources - Manages resources effectively across activities taking into account funding requirements and limitations; monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
- Coping with Pressure - Maintains a positive outlook at work; works productively in a pressurized environment; keeps emotions under control during difficult situations; handles criticism well and learns from it.
- Planning and Organizing - Ability to set goals and objectives and develop the steps to achieve them; identifies the most appropriate measures for assessing program/project achievements, emphasizing outcomes; makes adjustments to plans and resource allocation as needed to stay on track.
Education, Experience and Certifications:
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, economics or other related field
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience with cost and pricing analysis for public and private contracting mechanisms.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in USAID and DFID cost proposal preparation.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong spreadsheet and communication skills and the ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced, dynamic, team oriented environment.
- Ability to provide good customer service to internal/external clients and to discuss and explain budget & pricing topics with program implementation and technical personnel.
- Strong writing skills and advanced-level proficiency with Excel are required.
- Knowledge of FAR, AIDAR, CAS, and DCAA rules and regulations.
- Self-starter attitude and be able to thrive in a management structure where supervision is minimal but high standards are maintained.
- Detail oriented, independent, and analytical.
Please visit the careers page on our website, www.engenderhealth.org, search job openings under the “Washington D.C.” location, and submit an application along with resume and cover letter.
EngenderHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, creed, ancestry, citizenship, religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, political belief, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristic or status under applicable federal, state and local laws.
EngenderHealth is organized in teams, with each team managed by a program manager. As a result, additional duties may be assigned to this position; responsibilities changed or deleted based on team assignments and re-structuring; and direct supervisor is subject to change. Decisions regarding applications for this position and employment at EngenderHealth should be based on this information.