Are you interested in working with change-makers and experts committed to addressing the most pressing social justice issues facing our world today? If so then we are looking for YOU. Odyssey Impact/Transform Films is a multi-medium non-profit that brings together organizations and individuals around powerful programming that supports people of all faiths and good will as they engage the world to nurture compassion, justice, and hope. We build impact campaigns that bring together coalitions of faith-based and secular change-makers to address a wide range of issues. Odyssey Impact is seeking an experienced issue campaign strategist and manager to create and implement outreach plans for our award-winning documentary feature films on social justice subjects. The Director of Impact will lead an internal team and work with outside vendors to achieve the goals set out for each project. Prior experience with documentary film is preferable, but not required.
REPORTS TO: Head of Programming
DIRECT REPORTS: Project Manager, Outreach Coordinator, and digital media vendors
WORKS CLOSELY WITH: CEO, COO, Director of Advancement, Senior Producer
● Campaign Strategy: Creates the vision, goals, objectives, targets, audiences, and tactics.
● Campaign Management: Has extensive experience in political organizing as well as contacts of advocates, journalists, and policy-makers working in social justice.
● Evaluation: Creates and monitors measures of success with campaign staff.
EDITORIAL & DIGITAL
● Messaging & Content Development: Creates the themes and messages with lead characters and major partners for both promotions and organizing objectives. Has extensive editorial experience in producing content for media properties and/or issue campaigns.
Oversees the strategy and implementation of the following:
● Digital Content: Oversees social media and website vendors to create the strategy, content, and metrics for social media, web, and email content to build and sustain audiences.
● Marketing: Oversee staff and vendors producing ad creative, targeting, and media buys.
● Press: Create the press strategy and work plan for staff and consultants to implement.
● Events & Outreach: Develop strategy and landscape analysis for the Outreach Manager and Coordinator to engage target audiences via partners, celebrity ambassadors, educators, and other influencers with events and screenings.
● Industry Leadership: Presents campaign best practices at film festivals, documentary impact conferences and workshops, as well as issue-specific forums.
● Fundraising: Contribute to proposals managed by the Director of Advancement detailing all of the above in creative and impact plans.
● Five to 10 years of experience with issue campaigns in social justice (criminal justice reform and/or racial justice experience is a plus).
● Created concrete outcomes related to social justice campaigns.
● B.A (M.A. preferred) in analytical or humanities disciplines, such as Political Science, Economics, International Relations, Criminal Justice, Pre-Law, African American Studies, Gender Studies
● Highly analytical and knowledgeable of public data sources for campaign strategy and content development
● Strong command of multi-platform editorial content production for issue campaigns
● Has experience in working with coalitions and partners whose know-how and resources vary
● An openness to working with faith based communities and leaders active in social change
● Fluent with CRMs and project management tools
● Demonstrated PC and MAC literacy and proficiency (Microsoft Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, G-Suite, and Streak (or comparable CRM).
● Ability to prioritize and execute duties, multi-task, and manage a team.
Send a cover letter, resume, and a portfolio of campaigns to the following contact. Contact: Ian Lesser
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*