Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) is responsible for providing vision, strategic direction, leadership, and day-to-day management to FXB USA. The ED is charged with ensuring the mobilization and growth of financial resources to sustain FXB USA.
Working closely with the Board and FXB staff in Geneva and Paris, you will identify and execute annual goals designed to achieve FXB USA’s short- and long-term strategic priorities. In the short-term, you will to secure donors for FXB’s programs in Colombia and Panama and develop a broad donor base to expand our programmatic presence in Latin America. In the long-term, you will help FXB USA to become a self-sustaining social enterprise that furthers FXB’s organizational mission and generates revenue. You will use creativity and innovation to reposition FXB USA in a way that allows it to be financially sound while pursuing FXB’s broader mission of poverty eradication.
· Provide day-to-day leadership, oversight and direction, set clear and attainable objectives for FXB USA’s staff and interns, and evaluate job performance accordingly.
· Establish appropriate fundraising plans with the Boards of Directors and staff of FXB entities in Europe
· Oversee and support the active engagement of FXB USA Board members and collaborate with the Board in defining the strategic direction and priorities.
· Liaise with FXB entities in the United States such as the FXB Center at Harvard, FXB Center at the University of Michigan, and FXB Center at Rutgers University.
· Identify and cultivate potential donors, working jointly with FXB entities in Europe
· Lead fundraising and development efforts to diversify funding streams to support existing program operations and expand program capacity.
· Build funding partnerships with corporations to support FXB’s work worldwide.
· Cultivate opportunities for generating revenue that harness FXB’s capacities.
· Develop, maintain, and support a strong board. Serve as ex-officio non-voting member of the board.
· Strengthen board involvement to ensure long-term success and viability.
· Recruit new board members and volunteers.
· Serve as an effective ambassador to external audiences in all spheres of interest for FXB operations (UN, Permanent Missions, donors, universities, foundations, etc.)
· Analyze and report key global development topics discussed at the United Nations, World, International Non-Governmental Organizations, and other key institutions in the development sector.
· Effectively communicate goals and outcomes to the board, funders, and other partners.
· Activate a donor-base from FXB USA’s social media platforms.
· Develop marketing materials to effectively communicate FXB’s value proposition.
· Raise FXB USA’s visibility as a leader in global development.
You are an entrepreneur who is passionate about FXB’s mission, knowledgeable about global development, and an experienced and financially savvy fundraiser.
· Self-starter who can work independently on a variety of projects and tasks with limited supervision and guidance.
· Experience with setting up programs and/or public policy advocacy.
· Strong leadership and entrepreneurial spirit, skills and qualities.
· Experience working with a Board of Directors; ability and motivation to cultivate board member relationships.
· Exceptional speaking, writing, and presentation skills.
· Team spirit and creativity in order to collaborate with FXB France, FXB Switzerland, FXB Center at Harvard, FXB Center at University of Michigan, and FXB Center at Rutgers University.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university. Master’s degree preferred.
· 10 years of management experience; track record of effectively leading a performance and outcomes-based organization and staff.
· 5 or more years of private sector and/or social enterprise experience with focus on business development.
· Ability to work in French (read and understand documents and conduct basic conversation)
· Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of partners.
· Stellar financial and business insight.
Equal Opportunity Statement: We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to [email protected] by October 26, 2017. References: 2 professional references will be requested.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*