GGO works to catalyze sustainable transformative change in the face of inequities and market failures, to realize the potential of untapped markets, and to see the economic and social benefits of including everyone. We focus on the areas of Agricultural Development; Financial Services for the Poor; Water, Sanitation and Hygiene; and Gender Equality. We seek solutions that are sustainable, transformative, and inclusive with an eye toward applying technology innovations as well as data evidence to drive change in the world’s developing countries.
Over the past two years, the Foundation has been on a dynamic trajectory towards greater intentionality on women and girls across many program areas. Significant momentum has been fostered through internal collective forums (the Adolescent Plus Working Group), inspired by Melinda’s leadership and commitment. Program Strategy Teams have begun to work together in new ways, motivated by the opportunity to forge collective solutions to the challenges of inequality and disparities in health and development outcomes.
This growing momentum is evident across initiatives such as the Women and Girls at the Centre of Development Grand Challenge, evidence reviews, and the hiring of a Director of Gender Equality in September 2015. In May 2016, we launched an advocacy strategy on gender equality, focused on SDG accountability with a focus on advancing gender data.
Position Summary & Responsibilities
The Program Assistant is a key member of the Gender Equality team and provides a wide and varied range of administrative and organizational support for the Director and 2-3 additional Principals. Efficiency, attention to detail, flexibility and good judgment to ensure smooth operations of the team are critical in this role. Primary responsibilities are listed below.
Provide a wide variety of administrative support including complex calendar management, event planning, document creation and organization and maintenance of files including:
- Schedule a high volume of appointments and meetings, managing complex calendars, and international travel arrangements.
- Maintain an organized system of tracking, monitoring, and prioritizing tasks and projects.
- Assist in scheduling and planning for events, such as meetings, conferences, and presentations, which may include coordinating arrangements for participants, handling logistics, preparing and disseminating materials.
- Create, update and/or maintain organized files and records.
- Compile and process expense reports, reimbursements, and check requests.
- Provide communications support and assistance to ensure timely responses to inquiries.
- Act as liaison for team with internal partners, answering questions and routing requests appropriately.
- Take and distribute minutes of meetings. Work proactively and take initiative to support the varying needs of the team.
- A minimum of 2 years work experience in an office setting, preferably in an administrative role for a complex and fast-paced organization, interacting intensively with internal and external contacts.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Experience setting priorities and meeting deadlines while balancing the needs of providing support for multiple individuals, including calendar management, travel arrangements, and event planning coordination.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in an environment requiring diplomacy and good judgment in managing interactions with individuals at all levels inside and outside an organization.
- Demonstrated effectiveness meeting deadlines in a role requiring continual attention to detail in composing, typing, and proofing materials.
- Experience establishing organizational systems to improve efficiency and functioning in a changing environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MSWord, Outlook, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint is required. Previous experience using Micro Edge GIFTS and MS SharePoint preferred, but not required. Experience in learning and mastering new software applications.
- Demonstrated positive, collaborative approach to work, including a commitment to client-service and problem solving.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*