Linkages Across the Consortium of HIV Services for Key Populations Affected by HIV (LINKAGES) is a USAID funded project, under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) in South Sudan.
LINKAGES in South Sudan will focus on improving female sex workers enrollment and retention in prevention, treatment and care across the HIV cascade. LINKAGES will accelerate the ability of governments, female sex worker leaders, organizations working with female sex workers, and private-sector providers to plan and implement services that reduce HIV transmission for female sex workers and extend the lives of those already living with HIV.
The incumbent will strengthen the technical and organizational capacity of CSOs/PLHIV Networks and will provide capacity development support through provision of direct technical assistance as well as through South to South learning. He/she will be responsible for the implementation, coordination and administration of the capacity development activities for the LINKAGES project in South Sudan. S/he will manage and be responsible for ensuring effective high quality implementation of capacity development interventions for national CSOs in the project sites. Project oversight will include but is not limited to; managing daily Project activities to ensure the Project accomplishes its deliverables with high impact, logistics and operations, budget approval, supervision of all CSO staff in the area of responsibility; monitoring, reporting, and evaluation activities. He/ She must be a dynamic individual with strong interpersonal and managerial skills, and a commitment to capacity development of CSOs and ensuring female sex workers are able to access HIV-related services.
- Provide quality oversight to LINKAGES Project grantees to ensure that these relationships are not merely project implementation, but focus on capacity development and ensure that LINKAGES Project grantees demonstrate value for money during project implementation and leave the relationship stronger than they entered;
- Coordinate with all relevant project staff and global capacity development advisors to ensure all direct and grantee implemented capacity building interventions that are technically sound, of sufficient quality, are correctly implemented and meets the targets;
- Coordinate with the Project team to ensure continued strengthening of local partners' organizational and technical capacity, effective community mobilization and identification of local civil society organizations (formal and informal);
- Work in close collaboration with grants and finance team ensuring accuracy and budget compliance;
- Improve the technical skills of CSO/PLHIV Network staffs through training, mentorship and guidance;
- Build the organizational, Technical and Institutional capacity of the CSOs and PLHIV Net works;
- Develop and advertise RFA in case of need for local organizations in collaboration with LINKAGES core team;
- In collaboration with the Grants and Finance team and the LINKAGES partners, award and oversee all sub-grant awards related to LINKAGES Project grantees as well as respond to issues that arise during Project implementation, and support grantees and contractors';
- In collaboration with the Finance and Grants team, oversee grants/contract compliance;
- Coordinate effective implementation of monitoring systems with the LINKAGES M&E Officer and the entire LINKAGES team;
- Ensure timely reporting, documentation and organizational learning documents;
- Work with the LINKAGES project Manager and other LINKAGES team to maximize impact of capacity development, especially related to LINKAGES Project grantees';
- Coordinate and work closely with the other IntraHealth Project line staff to ensure consistency in approach to working with partners;
- Coordinate with other IntraHealth HIV Implementing programs, especially those working in the same geographic area, to maximize programmatic synergies and sharing of resources;
- Keep up to-date with regional developments in capacity development/civil society strengthening;
- Review relevant reports, evaluations and other internal and external resources as necessary to improve project design and implementation;
- Review Support development of project/program briefing papers and other publicity materials to communicate the impact of and learning from the delivery of the LINKAGES Project;
- Upon delegation, the incumbent shall represent IntraHealth at program coordination meetings on Technical lines in Juba and at the field sites; and be a focal point for Project issues.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health or similar field. Advanced degree will be an added advantage;
- At least 5 years of experience in community-based capacity development projects, including experience in community mobilization and civil society development;
- At least 3 years of experience working in HIV/AIDS programming. Experience working on programs targeting sex workers preferred;
- Proven high level of interest in and knowledge of a combination of the following: Civil Society, Organizational Development, especially with training, mentorship and support of CSOs and ability to inform the content and method of organizational development training;
- At least 2 years of grant management expertise preferred;
- Strong understanding of traditional and local authorities, and civil society actors in South Sudan and the organizational and political challenges to strengthening their capacity;
- Experience in working with and coordinating with international and national NGOs and government agencies;
- Proven program leadership, management, project planning, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, take direction, assume leadership, and make rational decisions while working remotely from country leadership;
- Proven ability to work sensitively and in a non-judgmental fashion with all Key Populations under the LINKAGES project, including sex workers (SW) and men who have sex with men (MSM);
- Proven ability to work sensitively and appropriately in a country with sensitive security considerations and ongoing conflict episodes;
- Proven ability to work sensitively and appropriately in a multi-tribal situation, with displaced populations, and in areas where foreigners and nationals interact;
- Ability to train and facilitate dialogue among a diverse group of individuals with various skills sets and work styles;
- High motivation, initiative, and adaptability. An ability to work successfully in challenging settings with limited resources;
- Strong diplomacy skills in managing a team with different backgrounds, abilities, and technical knowledge.
- Innovation - Develops new, better or significantly different ideas, methods, solutions or initiatives that result in improvement of IntraHealth's performance and meeting objectives, results and global commitments;
- Accountability - Holds self and others accountable for all work activities, research and personal actions and decisions; follows through on commitments and focuses on those activities that have the greatest impact on meeting measurable high quality results for IntraHealth's success. Exercises ethical practices, respectful words and behaviors, and equitable treatment of others in all activities;
- Service Excellence - Knowledge of and ability to put into action customer service concepts, processes and techniques to access internal and/or external client needs and expectations and meet or exceed those needs and expectations through providing excellent service directly or indirectly;
- Effective Communication (Oral and Written) - Understands effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience; and receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors;
- Planning and Organizing - Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed upon strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; and monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary;
- Interpersonal Relationships - Knowledge of and the ability to effectively interact within and across Divisions, Departments/Country Offices in a constructive and collaborative manner.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*