GlobalGiving is a U.S.-based public charity that connects nonprofit organizations with individual and corporate donors, unique learning opportunities, and a suite of fundraising tools and campaigns. We are seeking a passionate, self-motivated, and experienced grants management professional to support GlobalGiving’s virtuous cycle of good. The Partner Services Team (PST) oversees our due diligence process to ensure every organization in the GlobalGiving community is performing charitable work in a transparent and accountable manner and meets local requirements for registration with their local government. PST also helps companies design and manage grantmaking programs that support innovative and high-impact local organizations around the world
The Senior Partner Services Associate role is a critical member of GlobalGiving’s vetting and grantmaking team and responsible for the overall enhancement of a growing organization (including big stuff like our impact in the world) while juggling multiple pieces of service-oriented work each day (small stuff like troubleshooting our website for grantees).
We are a fast-paced office and thrive on peer learning. As Senior Partner Services Associate, you will bring a deep knowledge of grantmaking best practices to oversee multiple grant programs. You will work with international nonprofit organizations to complete the necessary requirements to be eligible for a grant funded in partnership with GlobalGiving’s corporate and institutional donors. You will have a keen eye for detail and will evaluate global credentials such as government certificates or audited financial statements. You'll have knowledge of country-specific regulations for nonprofits, provide analysis on the operations and impact of grantee organization, and keep your antennae up for the rare problem organization. You’ll be responsible for GlobalGiving’s entire grant cycle, from administering grant agreements to monitoring activities according to the grant budget and schedule. You’ll compile, analyze, and report on quantitative and qualitative data related to your specific grant programs.
Grants Management Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Business Partnership Managers to deliver corporate grant services. Serve as a key point of contact for corporate communities requesting updates on the status of their grant programs;
- Exercise sound judgement in review of grant proposals, providing guidance to grantees regarding a project’s charitable purpose and ensuring alignment with the donor’s objectives and goals;
- Administer grant agreements. Anticipate delays in grant agreement execution and plan around them to achieve programmatic goals;
- Facilitate accurate disbursement of grant funds to international nonprofit accounts and troubleshoot common disbursement issues in global markets with restrictions on foreign funding;
- Ensure any required financial, narrative and impact reports are received and reviewed within service level agreements, including alignment with expenditure responsibility guidelines as appropriate;
- Provide programmatic guidance to grantees regarding funded activities (e.g. addressing unexpected changes in scope of work, challenges implementing activities, etc.)
- Gather data and report on the effectiveness of activities against program goals. Incorporate qualitative and quantitative evidence in thought process;
Vetting and Research Responsibilities
- Conduct due diligence review on a portfolio of donor-referred nonprofits, including thorough verification of all documentation and additional research as needed;
- Provide recommendations to Partner Services Manager and team on how to resolve due diligence risks and concerns;
- Stay abreast of key changes in the IRS code or international giving guidelines, constantly updating and contributing to our internal knowledge inventory;
- Implement strategic planning and changes in due diligence policies
- Contribute to processes and procedures for gathering, retaining, updating, and sharing PST data and knowledge.
- Design improvements in current vetting practices to help your team engage new organizations better;
- Lead cross team coordination, experimentation and innovation efforts to advance the GlobalGivng’s overarching mission.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in International Relations, International Development, Communications, Business or related field;
- At least 2 years of direct grants management experience, preferably working with international nonprofit organizations and/or expenditure responsibility grantees;
- At least 2 years project management experience, preferably designing workflow processes or working with technology solutions;
- Familiarity with IRS guidelines for both public charity and private foundation giving;
- Experience gathering data and translating it for general audiences;
- Working knowledge of online grants management software;
- Foreign language skills a plus;
- Mild obsession with organization, time management, and attention to detail;
- Commitment to GlobalGiving mission and values, sense of humor, and desire to change the world for the better.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org