Vattenfall is now looking for the right person to fill the position as Public Affairs Adviser in the UK.
Now transformed and growing, Vattenfall needs a public affairs specialist with a keen interest in energy regulation ready and able to support Vattenfall’s continued UK expansion by cementing strong working relationships and partnerships with Vattenfall’s Business Areas and policy makers and public bodies across the UK, in all administrations.
Overall purpose of the role:
The Public Affairs Adviser will be expected to lead influencing activity towards external UK, devolved and regional political and official interests. The Adviser will be Vattenfall’s eyes and ears in all UK political arenas, engaging with the key players and communicating Vattenfall’s purpose. The Adviser will be trusted by Vattenfall’s business leaders, supporting Vattenfall’s continued growth in the UK in a changing regulatory environment.
As Public Affairs Adviser UK you have the following key responsibilities:
- Engage with UK, devolved and regional political and public policy arenas;
- Analyse developing UK and devolved public policy and regulatory frameworks;
- Develop and maintain relations with key stakeholders;
- Facilitate interaction between business and stakeholders;
- Provide tactics for stakeholder engagement;
- Develop and evolve messaging platform;
- Manage responses to requests by public bodies;
- Active dialogue with Country Manager, business unit managers and projects;
- Co-ordination of message, strategy and tactics with other functions in Communications (e.g. Media Relations & Editorial and Project Communications);
- Compliance with, and management of, the Scottish Lobbying Register.
- Solid academic background at degree level or higher in political science, international relations, business studies, or similar disciplines;
- Excellent knowledge of the UK political and stakeholder environment with an established network of relevant contacts;
- Track record of policy and regulatory impact analysis;
- Solid experience working in public affairs and/ or stakeholder relations with an understanding of good practice and ethical norms;
- Strong capacity to judge information and opinions by its commercial impact on the energy market and its actors;
- Strong knowledge of national stakeholder views regarding energy issues and ability to judge the commercial impact;
- Strong social character with ability to develop and maintain good relations with both business and stakeholders in a variety of arenas with a focus on integrity and business ethics;
- Knowledge and understanding of influencing techniques and tactics, with experience of interactions with energy stakeholders at regional and national level;
- Strong analytical skills to identify the impact of discussion and ideas on business;
- Language skills – Fluency in regional/national language, English (required).
UK. The role could be based at our Edinburgh or London office, with requirement for frequent travel nationally or abroad.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org