The Development & Outreach Associate in the San Francisco office provides administrative assistance to the team and plays a key role in HRW’s development, fundraising, and outreach activities in San Francisco and the surrounding Bay Area. This position is full-time at 40 hours per week and reports to the San Francisco City Director based in San Francisco. This is an incredible opportunity to join a dynamic team dedicated to the important work of advancing human rights through philanthropic partnerships and building a community of human rights supporters and advocates
1. Assist with the cultivation and stewardship of San Francisco Committee members and supporters by scheduling and preparing for meetings, creating compelling communications and materials, tracking communication, and preparing meeting briefings;
2. Help produce the Annual Voices for Justice Dinner and other events throughout the year by liaising with vendors, creating timelines, tracking invitations and RSVPs, coordinating materials, and leading on-site logistics;
3. Update information in the Raiser’s Edge database to generate accurate and timely financial reports and other key reports to ensure successful relationship management;
4. Provide administrative support to the San Francisco City Director, including scheduling, preparing for and taking minutes at meetings, recording and processing divisional finances, and making travel arrangements;
5. Prepare, draft, edit, format and distribute correspondence, documents and other materials, including web content for the San Francisco website and other social media as relevant;
6. Assist with the recruitment and coordination of interns; and
7. Perform other duties as required.
Education: A bachelor’s degree in human rights, international relations, social science, communications, marketing, business, or a related field is required.
Experience: A minimum of one year of relevant work experience is required.
Related Skills and Knowledge:
1. Prior office/administration experience and strong organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail are required.
2. Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are required.
3. Strong interpersonal skills, including patience and a sense of humour, and the ability to communicate with a variety of audiences, including donors are required.
4. Ability to work well under pressure while juggling multiple tasks simultaneously is required.
5. Self-motivation and the ability to prioritize with minimal supervision and work independently as well as function as a member of a team with staff in multiple locations globally are required.
6. Strong analytical skills and the natural curiosity and creativity needed to conduct online research are required.
7. Ability to make sound decisions consistent with functions is required.
8. Proficiency in computer programs including MS Office applications is required; experience with Raiser’s Edge or other donor databases is desirable.
9. Experience with event planning, community engagement, and/or philanthropy is preferred.
10. Strong interest in human rights is desirable.
Salary and Benefits: Salary range starts at $46,279. Human Rights Watch offers comprehensive employer-paid benefits, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, a retirement savings plan and twenty (20) days of vacation per year.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org