HJF is seeking a Combatant Command Liaison to support the Center for Global Health Engagement (CGHE) located in Rockville, Maryland. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to CGHE. US Citizenship is required for this position.
Established by the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences (USU), the Center for Global Health Engagement (CGHE) works to lead, integrate and synchronize the University’s contributions to Department of Defense (DoD) global health engagement and national security objectives by providing a hub for Global Health Engagement (GHE) thought leadership and knowledge, strategic communications and outreach, operational support, research, and capability integration of education, training and planning. HJF provides direct scientific, technical and programmatic support services to CGHE.
The Combatant Command Liaison will serve as the key link between CGHE and DoD geographic Combatant Commands (CCMDs) to include, but not limited to, United States European Command (EUCOM) and United States Africa Command (AFRICOM). The incumbent will be a Subject Matter Expert in GHE and directly support the CGHE Director, the Director of Programs and Joint Force Support and the Senior Program Manager in building and maintaining relationships, fostering open lines of communication and effectively supporting the implementation of CGHE’s program/project support to EUCOM and AFRICOM through engagement planning and execution. The Combatant Command Liaison will monitor CCMD priorities and efforts for potential overlaps, contradictions and synergies.
- Provide strategic guidance with respect to EUCOM and AFRICOM priorities and ongoing health engagement activities within their respective Areas of Responsibility (AORs);
- Leverage, build and maintain relationships among staff within each CCMD and across their AORs. Candidates with established networks are strongly preferred;
- Identify and define opportunities for further collaboration and engagement within the CCMDs, their partner nations, non-governmental organizations and international stakeholders;
- Inform engagement planning efforts, define the structure of future engagements and facilitate high-level communication with stakeholders;
- Assist CCMDs more directly with their CGHE programs, initiatives and assessment, monitoring and evaluation activities;
- Provide input into research, development and execution of CGHE’s Playbooks initiative;
- Travel between the CCMDs and other locations, as needed, for trainings, meetings, and events, while serving as the senior CGHE representative;
- Prepare and submit thorough post-engagement reports to capture and communicate activities/meetings conducted back to CGHE leadership;
- Provide ad hoc reports, presentations and contribute to technical briefings as requested;
- Contribute subject matter knowledge/expertise to CGHE and products as needed;
- Manage work travel needs, in compliance with HJF policies and procedures;
- Support other CGHE activities as directed.
- Practiced knowledge of and operational experience with the DoD and, more specifically, Security Cooperation and GHE;
- Interpersonal skills to include the ability to work with senior officials;
- Skill and ability to develop and maintain strong personal and professional relationships;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) effectively in English;
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment;
- Ability to resolve problems independently;
- Ability to exercise sound independent judgment;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google platforms;
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally (up to 50%) and function in cross-cultural settings to include austere environments.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Skill/experience designing, planning and implementing GHE programs/projects in Europe and/or Africa;
- Skill/experience working with data collection and entry in DoD platforms including G-TSCMIS, OHASIS and others;
- Prior active duty military service, including direct experience with a geographic CCMD.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related subject: International Relations or Affairs, Emergency/Disaster Management, Public Health, Communication, or related field.
- English fluency.
- 6-10 years related experience.
- Master’s degree in a related subject: Public Health, International Affairs or Relations, Emergency/Disaster Management, or Public Policy.
- Working proficiency in French, Portuguese, Russian and/or other Slavic languages.
- 10+ years related experience.
Physical Capabilities: Requires travel by land, air, or water, and the ability to lift and carry moderate to heavy weight objects up to 50 lbs. Must have the ability to obtain medical clearance for international travel.
Security Clearance: US Citizenship required. Must possess or have the ability to obtain an active TOP SECRET security clearance.
Supervisory Responsibilities/Controls: Works under the direct supervision of the Senior Program Manager and receives appropriate programmatic and technical guidance from the CGHE Director and the Director of Programs and Joint Force Support. Work is evaluated in accordance with HJF policy including, but not limited to, results achieved towards established goals and requirements, effectiveness, timeliness, application of sound business practices, and efficient use of resources.
Work Environment: Office environment with domestic and international travel required. Program execution occasionally requires work in the early mornings, evenings, and on weekends.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org