WEConnect International is the leading global non-profit working with qualified buyers to help women-owned businesses access new market opportunities. WEConnect International's vision is a world in which women have the same opportunity as their male counterparts to design and implement business solutions that create wealth and ensure the sustainable prosperity of their communities. It is leading global systemic change with corporations, multilateral organizations, and governments to implement policies and practices that expand opportunities to women-owned businesses. The member buyers of WEConnect International represent over $1 trillion in annual purchasing power. By engaging partners and stakeholders on both the demand and supply side, we are working to close this gap.
WEConnect International identifies, educates, registers, and certifies women's business enterprises based outside of the U.S. that are at least 51% owned, managed, and controlled by one or more women, and then connects them with qualified buyers that provide mentorship, connections, training and opportunities to grow their businesses through online tools, resources and a network of comprehensive in-person events, meetings, and support. The women-owned businesses in the WEConnect International global database are based in over 100 countries.
The Program Manager is responsible for leading, managing, and successfully overseeing all aspects of a USAID funded technology project with SAP Ariba designed to make it easier to connect buyers with women-owned businesses based in developing countries. Applies seasoned project management expertise to coordinate between the WEConnect International team and corporate stakeholders to design, monitor, control and provide transparent reporting on the status and implementation of mission-critical technology solutions.
The scope of responsibilities includes, but is not limited to, requirements definition and analysis; project scope definition; identification of project milestones and critical paths; assessment and mitigation of fiscal, legal, political, regulatory and other risks; and coordination of project initiation through closeout activities.
- Manage project with top-down oversight throughout entire execution to ensure success of scope, budget, and timeline while adhering to USAID Program regulations
- Liaison with the IT vendors to ensure alignment with requirements. Manage the work of the sub-contractors to ensure quality delivery
- Develop comprehensive project plan that merge business requirements with project goals and coordinate various stakeholders during all project phases, from initial development through implementation
- Monitor project progress continuously and develop detailed scheduled reports on measurable items, such as milestones and deliverables
- Communicate proactively with all relevant staff to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements
- Oversee acquisition of resources and materials in accordance with US Government regulations, including negotiating price and payment agreements with vendors
- Lead multidisciplinary project team across the software lifecycle
- Manage expectations for the delivery of the project and escalating issues on deadlines as early as possible to senior management to enable appropriate corrective action to be taken
- Develop Bi-weekly status reporting
- Manage technology releases; understanding dependencies between different releases and liaising with other project partner representatives to facilitate good communication, innovation and problem solving
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Project Management, Business Administration, Computer Science or a related discipline
- Project management professional certification, preferred
- Experience and Skills
- 8+ years of experience managing all phases of large complex IT projects including design, budgets, risk assessment, and mitigation, preferably using Agile methodologies
- Understanding of Federal contracting regulations
- Ability to organize and lead cross-functional project teams to produce deliverables on-time and within budget
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, including status reports, project summaries, scoping documents, lessons learned, and other project-related documentation
- Ability to understand agendas of other functions, groups, and business units within WEConnect International and to integrate that understanding into the decision-making process of the team.
- SAP Ariba implementation experience.
- Experience working within Department of State, USAID, or other US Federal agencies with focus on developing countries.
- The successful candidate must not be subject to past employment restrictions.
Qualified candidates must submit a resume, three references, a cover letter and salary requirements by applying below. Please note that documents need to be received in PDF form.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org