The United Nations Office of Counter-Terrorism (UNOCT) and its Under-Secretary-General are mandated to provide provide stronger leadership, enhance coordination and coherence across the system, mobilize political will and robust partnership and strengthen capacity building support – including through the United Nations Counter-Terrorism Centre (UNCCT)—to ensure a balanced implementation of the United Nations Global Counter-Terrorism Strategy. One of the key elements of the mandate is to improve visibility, advocacy and resource mobilization for counter-terrorism efforts.
In order to better showcase the activities undertaken by UNOCT/UNCCT supporting the efforts of Member States to prevent violent extremism and counter terrorism, UNOCT is to increase its outreach activities and to build on strong brand online and off-line including through the development of impactful communications products in accordance with its communications strategy.
This position is homebased and requires onsite meetings in the UN as required
The Graphic Designer will report/work with the Public Information Officer and will be responsible for the following:
- Support in the process of designing proposals for public information campaigns, conferences, events and meetings such as invitations, promotional materials, social media graphics, posters, brochures, publications, reports, website and web graphics, among other products.
- Provide assistance in the designing of products for output and provide recommendations on the production processes as required.
- Jointly with the Public Information Officer, follow up with clients, production departments, printing facilities and other relevant parties to ensure that final products are of high quality and delivered in a timely manner and that the design collateral are complementary and adhere to the overall design strategy;
- Development of design proposals such as invitations, promotional materials, social media graphics, posters, brochures, publications, reports, website and web graphics.
- Sound advice on production process of materials specified above .
- Coordination of activities, timelines to ensure timely delivery of outputs
- Perform other duties as required.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in design, art, engineering, international relations or other relevant field.
- A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible experience in graphic design is required.
- Experience with designing public information campaigns and brand identities is required.
- Experience with the MAC Operating System and the Adobe Creative Cloud is also required.
- Experience with the United Nations or other International Organizations is an asset.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an asset.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org