The Senior Program Officer will provide home office backstopping and ensure programmatic excellence across a range of international agricultural development programs. The position is perfect for someone who has proven capacity to manage operational and financial tasks of home office management, while applying critical thinking to evaluate and guide program activities. The Senior Program Officer will work closely with the Chiefs of Party to ensure achievement of project objectives, strategize new approaches based on a collaborating, learning, and adapting approach, and develop new tools to strengthen Winrock’s program management team. The Senior Program Officer also plays a critical role in mentoring home office and field-based staff to ensure organizational success and individual advancement.
Winrock International’s agriculture programs focus on:
- Providing access to improved extension and business development services;
- Increasing agriculture productivity through climate smart agricultural practices;
- Scaling innovation and technology,
- Reducing food loss and waste through improved post-harvest handling, storage, and cold chain investments, and
- Improving smallholder farmers’ access to markets.
What we’re looking for:
Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree (advanced degree preferred) and a minimum of 10 years of progressive, cross-sectoral experience in program management.
- Passion for international food systems, food security, agricultural development, economic growth, and/or climate smart technologies.
- Results-oriented manager who can design, manage, and guide agricultural and economic development programs.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to lead a team located around the word while developing capacity and empowering junior staff.
- Working collaboratively across a diverse team to institutionalize learning and adaptation.
- Self-starter who can apply creative thinking to develop innovative implementation models.
- Interpersonal skills for managing relationships with donors, colleagues, and clients.
- Proven success in project design and/or proposal writing.
- Periodic travel to project locations across Africa and Asia.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org