CGD is currently seeking an experienced, organized, and detail-oriented administrative professional to support the President. The Executive Assistant will perform administrative duties to ensure the President can effectively meet the organization's strategic goals and leadership objectives. The incumbent must be able to exercise discretion, good judgment, and significant initiative. To be successful, the Executive Assistant must have a clearly defined sense of what needs to be done and be able to build and maintain the internal and external relationships necessary to facilitate the smooth execution of the role. The ideal candidate will be energetic, collaborative, proactive, and able to creatively problem-solve, while demonstrating excellent administrative, communication and interpersonal skills. This position works within the Executive Office, interfacing regularly with both internal and external constituencies on a variety of issues. A true team player who can work across the organization is key.
The core function of the Executive Assistant is to provide confidential and high-level administrative support to the President, including:
- Managing and maintaining President’s busy professional and personal calendar
- Facilitating the President’s accessibility and open lines of communication with staff
- Scheduling meetings, calls, and appointments for the President; Managing the President’s communications with friends of CGD and other VIPs
- Answering, screening and directing all incoming calls, visitors, and correspondence
- Manage the President’s inbox, review incoming emails, and assign them for appropriate action; track and follow up on responses as needed.
- Prepare email and other correspondence for the President as needed; Draft the President’s notes (written and verbal) into professional correspondence
- Manage various in-house meeting processes and agendas
- Build strong, collaborative relationships with colleagues to assist with the smoother operation of the executive office
- Prepare travel arrangements (domestic and international); Create detailed itineraries and instructions to manage logistics, secure travel visas and manage travel expenses and reimbursements
- Gather, summarize and prioritize information needed by the President for internal and external meetings and to make decisions and respond to requests
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and two or more years of senior administrative experience. Additional experience may be substituted for education requirements
- Poise, confidence and meticulous organizational skills
- High-level proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Outlook and Word
- Professional, positive attitude with an ability to exhibit discretion and confidentiality
- Superb interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills including grammar, editing and proofreading; attention to detail
- Proven ability to successfully juggle multiple and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment while exercising good judgement
- An interest in development and geographical knowledge of developing country settings
- An innovative spirit, a way with people, a calm-under-pressure, and flexible approach when things move quickly
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience. Full benefits package offered.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter, including salary requirements. No phone calls or recruiters, please.
CGD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age or sexual orientation shall have equal access to positions, limited only by their ability to do the job. Finalists for the position will be subject to a pre-employment background screening as a condition of employment.