About the Position: This position is in the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). Employees occupying DCIPS positions are in the Excepted Service and must adhere to U.S. Code, Title 10, as well as Department of Defense Instruction 1400.25. This position is located at the FORSCOM, 20th CBRNE Command, WMD-CE Teams, Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD 21005.
- Serves as an All-Source Intelligence Analyst within the 20th Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and Explosives (CBRNE) Command.
- Responsible for detailed, multi-disciplined (HUMINT, SIGINT, IMINT, and MASINT) intelligence analysis of regional and/or transnational threats.
- Conducts all-source research to analyze CBRNE-related intelligence data on current/projected tactics, techniques and procedures in assigned geographic area and/or functional command.
- Conducts liaison to gather information and ensure connectivity with all sources of information to satisfy 20th CBRNE Command Priority Intelligence Requirements (PIR).
- Produces timely intelligence analysis that supports 20th CBRNE Command operations.
- Conducts recurring intelligence briefs to meet 20th CBRNE Command needs and supported activities.
- Performs all-source analysis of information on assigned geographic areas including criminal and terrorist information to determine threat patterns of operation.
- Provides information/analysis to unit leadership and support timely predictive assessments for operational decision making.
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret (TS) security clearance based on a T5 investigation/Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) with eligibility for sensitive compartmented information (SCI).
- In accordance with Change 3 to AR 600-85, Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Program, individual must successfully pass a urinalysis screening for illegal drug use prior to appointment and periodically thereafter.
- Must be willing to undergo and successfully complete a counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination with No Deception Indicated (NDI) on a pre-appointment and periodic basis.
- This is a designated KEY position. Requires extensive travel, both CONUS and OCONUS, up to 30% of the time, on very short notice.
- Anthrax and smallpox vaccination will be required.
- Position requires duties to be performed under austere and potentially hazardous conditions during exercises and deployment operations.
- May be required to deploy into areas in which hostile action may occur.
- Specific training and immunization requirements as appropriate for OCONUS deployments.
- May be required to undergo psychological screening.
- A pre-appointment physical is required.
- Temporary duty travel (TDY) will be performed approximately 30% of the time.
- Subject to short notice recall. Must reside within normal commuting distance of Aberdeen Proving Ground (50 miles).
- Two year trial period is required.
- Frequent extended duty with long hours under high pressure with generally high-risk job responsibilities.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- 10-Point Other Veterans? Rating
- 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
- 5-Point Veterans' Preference
- Current Army Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) Employee
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current DoD Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) Employee (non-Army)
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) Interchange Agreement
- Disabled Veteran w/ a Service-Connected Disability, More than 10%, Less than 30%
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Prior Federal Service Employee
- United States Citizen Applying to a DCIPS Position