The Manager, Nonprofit Engagement strengthens our relationships with nonprofit members, pulls new nonprofits to Catchafire, and acts as a nonprofit subject matter expert. You are the face and voice of Catchafire for our nonprofit users, drawing people to you and to Catchafire. You will do this in several ways: (1) help to onboard our nonprofit grantees (2) support our Foundation Accounts team by facilitating and leading community events and cultivating relationships with our nonprofits (3) elevating the Engagement team by bringing your creative ideas and innovations.
- Act as a professional and enthusiastic ambassador of Catchafire
- Run nonprofit information sessions to introduce new users to Catchafire
- Identify and cultivate relationships with high performing nonprofit leaders in our community to leverage for case studies, speaking engagements, and feedback
- Speak with individual nonprofit leaders to understand their challenges and recommend Catchafire solutions
- Represent Catchafire at conferences and events
- Write stories, case studies, and impact reports about our nonprofits’ success
- Participate in the creation and management of topical webinars to increase nonprofit success on Catchafire
- Up to 50% travel time (mostly US-based) required
- Storyteller: You can weave a captivating story, and tell your own nonprofit story in an authentic and compelling way. You can do this both in front of a group and through a carefully crafted written story.
- Evangelist: You enjoy influencing and convincing anyone to come along with you on your journey. You convey such a passion when you speak that when you’re done, people will ask if you founded Catchafire!
- Effective Relationship Builder: You’ve never met a person you can’t see the good in, and you are able to build instant trust and credibility. You’re as comfortable interacting with a room full of young professionals as you are with the director of a national foundation.
- Energized by being on the move: You want a role that allows you to travel to anywhere from 2-5 locations in a month - you’re not ready to sit still. However, when you're back in the office, you know how to focus on leading projects and tasks that further our mission.
- Collaborative Project Manager: You are able to organize project tasks, assemble the team and engage stakeholders from start to finish. You take the time to communicate with brevity and clarity and always bring a mix of open-mindedness and radical candor to make ideas, executions, and teammates better. You are empathetic and supportive, thriving in a team-focused environment.
EXPERIENCE / BACKGROUND
You must have:
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- Strong experience in/understanding of the nonprofit sector and its challenges
- Experience building community and engaging others
- Comfort with presentation and facilitation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Experience with both live and virtual events preferred
We’d love to see (but don’t require):
- You’ve got a passion for and skillset in a particular skill area (websites/technology, marketing or design, strategy, finance & operations)
- You’re passionate about and knowledgeable in a particular nonprofit cause area (environmental, arts, education)
- You have project management experience
- You’re a Catchafire nonprofit user
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org