The Communications Division and the Paris Office of Human Rights Watch (“HRW”) are seeking a highly motivated candidate to provide support to the two teams. The Associate reports to the France Director, based in Paris. This position is based in Paris and is full-time at 35 hours
1. Assist with promoting HRW’s reports and products to the French and Francophone media.
2. Support the development of HRW’s presence on social media and HRW’s social media accounts in French;
3. Assist with promoting content in French on social media, maintaining webpages, and sourcing multimedia materials; provide support to multimedia projects;
4. Coordinate the logistics and organization of media events such as press conferences and press briefings;
5. Support the implementation and development of campaigns, including on social media;
6. Maintain and develop extensive media contact databases;
7. Proofread, format, and distribute materials; assist with editing contents in French (news releases, op-eds, web and social media contents);
8. Assist with the preparation of the French version of HRW’s “Daily Brief”;
9. Maintain communication among HRW offices, global staff, and external partners;
10. Carry out other duties as required.
Education: A bachelor’s degree in communications is required. Coursework in international human rights, international relations, social sciences or related studies is desirable.
Experience: A minimum of one years of relevant work experience is required.
Related Skills and Knowledge:
1. Creativity, initiative, follow-through, ability to work independently, and excellent organizational skills are required.
2. Prior office experience and strong organizational skills are required.
3. Excellent oral and written communication skills in French are required; fluency in English is required.
4. The ability to work well under pressure and to manage multiple priorities while working effectively toward deadlines is required.
5. Strong interpersonal skills in order to work collaboratively within Human Rights Watch as well as with external partners are required.
6. Ability to make sound decisions consistent with functions is required.
7. Professional knowledge of the use of social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram & Youtube) is required.
8. Proficiency in computer programs including MS Office applications is required. Proficiency using programs such as Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Premiere Pro and Audition are desirable.
9. Demonstrated commitment to human rights and/or international issues are highly desirable.
Other: Applicants for this position must possess current EU work authorization.
Salary and Benefits: HRW seeks exceptional applicants and offers comprehensive compensation and benefits.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org