Our Government Relations team in Brussels is looking for a Manager Government Affairs, to join us on a Fixed Term Contract (1year) in order to provide support and analysis to strengthen our contribution to policy debates in diverse policy matters in the region comprising Europe, the Middle East and Africa. The broad objectives of this work will be for internal and external strategic and operational activities; both risk management and opportunity creation related to the government’s effect on Smith Group’s business strategies, operations and practices.
You will report to the VP Corporate Affairs EMEA and will be providing strategic government relations counsel and managing advocacy programs to support and strengthen Smiths Group’s position in the EMEA. You will also work closely with the EU institutions, governments, countries representations, industry associations and academia to shape the policy environment, market protection and to help to grow the business. You will combine motivation, rigorous thinking and accurate communication.
Given Smiths Group’s diverse business lines, you will focus on opportunities related to security, maritime and land transport, defense, energy, environmental and health care matters, but You will also potentially engage on some of the company’s other businesses including aerospace, telecommunications, R&D funds, business development, manufacturing and industrial policy topics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor the EMEA legislative and executive/regulatory initiatives impacting Smiths Group, strategically prioritised;
- Closely collaborate with the Divisional Directors to drive the agreed projects according to business priorities;
- Support and execute short- and long-term EMEA GR strategy development and implementation to address legal and regulatory risks and opportunities;
- Ensure regular contact with internal experts to help inform and develop proposed strategy to mitigate against risk and maximize opportunities for Smiths Group’s Divisions and reports them into the GR organisation;
- Ensure maintenance and further expansion of EMEA GR network to external governmental and stakeholder contacts;
- Build coalitions with external partners who have common goals and objectives, while strategically placing Smiths Group in an advantageous business and political position before key audiences;
- Prepare management briefings, position papers, fact sheets, and correspondence describing and advancing Smiths Group policy objectives for relevant internal and external stakeholders;
- Organising events and internal/external meetings and assist in the operational support of the Brussels office.
- Proven experience in EU public affairs, European, national or international institutions, trade association or equivalent organisations;
- Knowledge and experience of the EU legislative and policy landscape is essential;
- Experience of managing public affairs campaigns and interacting with policy stakeholders is preferred although comparable experience is also welcome;
- Proven project (R&D, FP7, H2020 etc.) and event management experience a plus;
- Experience of working in a Brussels or national context;
- A can-do attitude, ready to assist in a wide range of tasks, build networks and lead on specific projects, tasks or policy areas;
- Results driven and pragmatic attitude;
- Excellent written and communication skills;
- Willingness to travel.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org