The Project Analyst is in charge of supporting the coordination of local Project activities, through active engagement with the team in DR Congo, to facilitate Project reporting and communication activities. The role also involves managing and conducting key administrative, logistical and clerical tasks in support of BetterChain operations.
- Organise and coordinate local activities implemented by the local Project team (incl. the local monitoring partner);
- Timely contract management, ensuring that the team meets the Project schedule and milestones;
- Monitor BetterChain’s delivery on its commitment with regards to budget and financial management;
- Seamless project logistics;
- Effective communication schedule to leverage and promote deliverables;
- Lean and efficient reporting, filing, accounting and banking.
The below activities are subject to the evolving context of BetterChain operations and CVCFG requirements.
Coordinate certain Project activities and communication around them (70 %)
- Country office liaison activities:
- Support the coordination of field activities (local partner roadmaps, data collection and compilation activities, local outreach and stakeholder engagement, etc.);
- Collect daily updates on local staff activities;
- Contribute to the classification of information generated locally.
- Support any activities related to the project which can include:
- Local capacity building activities (development of training modules, design of roadmaps and training programs, etc.);
- Establishment of a network of local information relays (LIR) by the local Project team (continuous communication, on-going technical assistance, reinforcement of the network, identification of additional LIRs – continuous process, etc.);
- Support to gold traceability system configuration and deployment in DRC.
- Market research:
- Identification of providers, opportunities, partnerships, conferences and other relevant events: maintain an up to date database of market opportunities, etc.
- Project communication:
- Development and adjustment of Project presentations and other existing communication materials;
- Support activities with regards to website development;
- Participation to CVCFG consortium calls (if applicable).
- Project Reporting:
- Support project reporting to partners and donors (incl. financial reporting).
Administrative support of Project activities and logistical management (30%)
- General project administrative support:
- Project contract management and resource allocation support;
- Translation of Project documents (French&English);
- Community management and communication planning;
- Invoicing and payments;
- Human resources: process and regularly update personnel, payroll and job applicant records;
- Organising logistics for travel including flights, insurance etc.;
- Developing templates for administrative/financial follow-up (timesheet, etc) (if applicable);
- Liaison with external accountants, lawyers, insurers and advisors to ensure appropriate implementation of BetterChain internal policies;
- Other clerical tasks.
- Local project administrative support:
- Monitor local accounting and financial planning;
- Verify invoices and process corresponding payments;
- Monitor expenses against operational budget.
- Logistical Management
- Support administrative and logistics arrangement for all Project activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree with five years of professional experiences or Master’s Degree with one/two years of professional experiences, preferably in either of the following sectors:
- International development
- Corporate Sustainability;
- Project coordination experience;
- Good organisation, attention to detail;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Proactivity, self-motivation and ability to take initiatives, problem-solving oriented;
- I.T. skills including experience with productivity hacks and applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint), Mailchimp, Monday, Trello or similar-purpose alternatives;
- Demonstrated experience with accounting and financial management. You are open to the idea that poetry can be contained in spreadsheets. Almost;
- Experience in Donor project reporting is a plus;
- Fluent in English and French (preferably native English speaker).
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org