The Faculty Support Coordinator, Online Programs (Part-Time) provides front-line support to faculty teaching in the IR Online programs in the School of International Service. These programs include the MA in International Relations, the Master of International Service, and the MS in International Relations and Business, which collectively support over 350 active students and 50 active faculty. The Coordinator communicates information to IR Online faculty and responds to faculty inquiries. The Coordinator supports best practices for faculty teaching and curriculum assessment to promote faculty excellence and to deliver high-quality programs. The incumbent works with AU’s third-party partner to coordinate faculty training and scheduling.
- Online Faculty Communication: under the direction of the SIS Faculty Advisor for Online Programs, the incumbent coordinates communication to IR Online faculty, including confirmation of teaching schedules, responding to general inquiries, sending deadline reminders, and drafting communication. Ensures the email distribution list of faculty is current and accurate. Supports the IR Online Office’s academic scheduling processes.
- Online Faculty Training, Onboarding, and Support: coordinates tasks to ensure new faculty are positioned for success in online teaching. Tasks include drafting adjunct appointment memos, ensuring HR paperwork is completed, facilitating introductions, and ensuring required training is completed. Serves as a liaison to the SIS Office of Faculty Affairs.
- Curriculum Assessment and Improvement: supports the SIS Office of Online Programs in curriculum assessment and improvement tasks, including managing course readings, the collection, entry, and dissemination of student feedback, analyzing feedback for trends, and assisting with the collection of data for annual curricular assessment.
- Other Duties as Assigned, including, but not limited to, administrative tasks such as calendar management, responding to general inquiries, and participating in office-wide meetings and trainings.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- 20 hours per week, flexible hours
- Commensurate with experience
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Demonstrated attention to detail. Strong organizational, communication, and time management skills
- Familiarity with supporting educators in an administrative capacity desirable
- Familiarity with human resources, online education, and/or international affairs desirable
- Background check required
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org