The Strategic Planner provides support to the Chief of Network engagement
• Experience traveling in, living in, and working with partners in less developed regions of the world, specifically including limited-access areas of the Middle East
• Established relationships with counterparts relevant to this position in foreign governments and across the interagency
• Substantive knowledge of information and messaging programs to provide authoritative advice and guidance with regards to the policy implications of issues and developments in an assigned specialty area
• Mastery of the theories and principles of Information Operations, Operational Planning, USG Coordination activities, Intelligence Analysis, international relations, economics, history, geography, or other related disciplines
• Establishing relationships
None required for this position
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
• Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
• Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
• Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
• Frequently moves standard office equipment up to 25 pounds.
• Must be able to work indoor conditions 90% of the time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend hours required, as required by business need.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out of the area travel and overnight may be expected.
• 10-15 years’ experience
• Minimum six (6) years’ work experience with the State Department (DoS), Department of Defense (DOD), or other government agencies coordination Information Operations, CVE efforts, and countering-terrorist messaging.
• Minimum six (6) years’ work experience in Information Operations or Strategic Communications planning, minimum of ten (10) years Department of Defense (DOD) experience, minimum of six (6) years of collection and analysis of open-source, terrorist, social and traditional media
• Experience planning and coordinating unattributed CVE campaigns and programs where extremist organizations are known to operate or recruit
• Experience developing short and long-term operational plans as they pertain to Outreach and Strategic Communications, evaluating the effectiveness of programs areas to ensure they fulfill mission goals and responsibilities
• BS/BA in a related field preferred, Masters’ preferred
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Full performance in this position requires a Top-Secret clearance. Candidates must have a Top-Secret clearance upon appointment with the ability to obtain Top Secret with SCI access
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org