The CCAS Global division is searching for a full-time Program Associate position.
The purpose of this position is to provide critical administrative support to the executive director of CCAS global initiatives, the chief global officer for the college. The administrative support includes handling inquiries, managing marketing efforts, planning and executing events, conducting research and preparing reports, maintaining division budgets, supervising student employees, and similar duties. Often these positions make recommendations to policy and procedure. Often these roles are tasked with outreach to other GW stakeholders in order to assist in maintaining standard operational efficiencies. Typical duties often are administrative in nature including tasks that are routine, and under general or limited supervision of more senior personnel within the department, or program.
• Provides day-to-day administration to the program and resolve issues that may arise from scheduling, budgets, facilities, personnel and other routine administrative procedures.
• In collaboration with the supervisor, develops creative approaches to enhance service and increase efficiency and integrates solutions when appropriate.
• On occasion, represents the supervisor by attending various meetings or events. Provides day to day supervision for other program support staff that includes a full-time program assistant, student employees and student tutors on behalf of the supervisor.
• Manages all general inquiries from various constituencies.
• Responsible for all financial records for the program that includes bookkeeping all revenues and expenses, preparing budget closeout as well as any application, and generating special financial reports as necessary.
• Manages databases, and compiles and analyzes statistical, financial and other significant confidential data. Performs in-depth research to provide background on various potential opportunities and prospects. Maintains policy and decision files, regulations, historical files and similar documentation. Responsible for working with various offices within the university and making sure that the program operates under compliance.
• Responsible for all marketing and communication efforts that includes proposing and implementing marketing strategy, managing webpage and social media account contents.
• Responsible for managing all cultural and special events, conferences, etc.
• Performs other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position. assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org