As part of a highly motivated team, the Business Development Manager will work to expand GoodWeave’s presence and visibility within the carpet and home textile industries by making the business case for ensuring child labor-free supply chains. This position will manage the current importer and retailer base that imports and sells GoodWeave certified products, and develop new account relationships. Importer accounts include global companies that currently design and import products from India and Nepal. Retail accounts include individual stores and showrooms and mass merchants that sell these imported products. S/he will support GoodWeave’s efforts to build business partnerships in new and expanding sectors including home textiles, fashion jewelry, and apparel, and will spearhead partner marketing and co-branding initiatives and targeted communications activities.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, well-organized, adept at building relationships inside and outside the organization, and thrive in an autonomous, fast-paced deadline-driven environment. S/he must also possess a commitment to GoodWeave’s values and work ethic. The Business Development Manager reports to the VP, International Business Development.
Specific duties include:
Industry Partner Engagement
- Manage client relations with GoodWeave’s nearly 200 licensed importers and retail partners. Offer marketing support, answer questions and promote the partners on GoodWeave’s website, social media and through co-branded ads. Assist the finance team in collecting license fee payments as needed.
- Encourage and increase partner use of GoodWeave communication and marketing tools.
- Provide annual and biannual reports for the top six licensed importers. Provide continued support of the reporting capabilities within GoodWeave’s Supply Chain Transparency platform, a secure application that collects inspection data.
- Actively prospect new potential licensed importers in the carpet and home textiles sector through emails, calls, meetings and tradeshows. Collaborate with the business development team to set monthly and annual goals for signing licensees, and create a strategy to accomplish them.
- Integrate new importers into GoodWeave program through onboarding processes including administering legal agreements and liaising with the GoodWeave field teams to license their corresponding exporters.
- Actively prospect new potential retailers to join GoodWeave’s Industry Sponsorship program.
- Coordinate GoodWeave’s presence at tradeshows and other industry events, including the purchase and design of exhibition booths.
- Support GoodWeave’s efforts to build partnerships with apparel and fashion jewelry brands as needed.
- Track global import data for carpets, as well as GoodWeave certified carpet imports to analyze market share and other industry trends. Create reports on this data for board meetings, management team meetings and donor reports.
Marketing and Communications
- Manage partnerships with leading interior design and shelter publications for co-op and PSA advertising placements.
- Develop and organize special events with partners.
- Coordinate press releases for new partners and other industry announcements.
- Manage the inventory and production of collateral for marketing purposes including campaign materials, brochures, and holiday cards.
- Assist in writing, editing, researching, formatting and proofreading campaign materials with assistance from other staff members and consultants.
- Use WordPress for basic web updates and content management as needed, with support from the Vice President of Communications.
- Coordinate and update business partners’ web profiles and digital materials in the Partner Toolkit.
- Maintain campaign metrics that demonstrate organizational impact and help devise strategies to meet campaign goals related to GoodWeave’s online presence. Track editorial and advertising placements.
To apply, please email resume and cover letter explaining why your skills and experience are suitable for this position to:
Vice President, International Business Development, GoodWeave International, [email protected]
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org