The global Public Affairs and Communications Consultancy, Grayling, is seeking to bolster its current EU Public Affairs team by hiring an experienced Senior Consultant to grow its Energy & Environment and Transport practices.
The role would involve managing client requests autonomously, providing detailed EU PA strategic advice to clients when called upon, managing small to medium size projects and providing added value in both client and team meetings. They should be “hands-on” and be comfortable in liaising with external stakeholders on behalf of Grayling and clients and in representing Grayling in outside fora. Finally, they should be able to manage junior staff.
Skills & Experience - The candidate must have:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in public affairs (internships excluded);
- A thorough understanding of European policies and the workings of the EU institutions;
- Strong expertise (including past working experience) in EU energy and transport policies;
- Excellent overall communication skills including writing, oral, and presentation skills;
- A proven track record in lobbying and/or advocacy vis à vis the EU institutions, either in a consultancy, “in-house” or in a trade association.
Personal qualities - The candidate must:
- Have good organizational and project management skills;
- Be a team player, with a hands-on and solutions-driven work attitude;
- Have good interpersonal skills;
- Be able to take initiatives and demonstrate pro-activeness;
- Be native or fluent in English; fluency in other EU languages also desirable;
- Be able to multi-task and work under pressure;
- Be at ease when working in a multi-national team.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org