NRGI seeks to equip relevant stakeholders with the extractive-specific knowledge and skills to be able to play their role in fostering good natural resource governance. The Research & Data (R&D) team helps staff and partners to build skills through global and regional capacity development offerings.
The Program Associate will support the implementation of NRGI’s global and regional trainings and online offerings. NRGI’s global courses include an executive course conducted in partnership with the Blavatnik School of Government at the University of Oxford and an advanced course. NRGI’s regional knowledge hub program is comprised of partnerships with universities and think tanks in NRGI’s region of operation. It aims to build partners’ capacity to contribute to policy change. NRGI’s online courses include massive open online courses (MOOCs) and an online simulation, Petronia.
In supporting these programs, the Program Associate will work closely with NRGI’s regional and program staff as well as partner institutions. The post will be based in London, UK (a posting in NYC, US will be considered only for outstanding candidates) with possible travel to NRGI’s countries of intervention.
- Course delivery and logistics: support to course delivery through partner engagement, financial management, selection of participants, coordinating travel arrangements and other logistics for in-person courses and coordinating aspects related to online platform for virtual courses.
- Communications and marketing: support the development and production of internal and public facing communications and marketing materials for the course, including through online platforms.
- Learning tools: support the development of learning tools and help ensure NRGI applies a cutting-edge approach to resource governance training
- Monitoring, evaluation and learning: support the design and administration of course evaluations and distil, synthesize and analyze findings; gather information on alumni trajectories; and analyze information on participant selection and recruitment.
- Administration: provide comprehensive administrative support to course programs, as required by the manager.
Regional Knowledge Hubs
- Courses curriculum and delivery: support to curriculum development and course delivery more broadly
- Monitoring, evaluation and learning: support the implementation of the MEL strategy for regional hubs; document and share lessons learnt; gather information on impact and facilitate shared lessons across hubs
- Communication and marketing: support the development and production of internal and public facing communication and marketing materials.
- Impact material: keep track of alumni and develop material (e.g. factsheets, briefings, videos and case studies) to support organizational and donor reporting
- Outreach strategy: support the communication and marketing of the NRGI’s MOOCs and Petronia
- Updates to courses/tool content: support the update of content of the MOOCs coordinating with regional and global staff as well as with external partners
- Course design: support the design of new online courses, in collaboration with staff and partners, with attention to administrative tasks
- Course delivery: support the delivery of the courses, in collaboration with staff and partners
Team Core Support
- Support research projects led by the team
- Manage internal training repository and assist with shared learning resources
- Contribute to updates to learning materials
- Actively contribute in team meetings and to donor reporting
- Other responsibilities and support to the overall R&D team
Key Working Relationships
Position reports to: Senior Officer, Research Data and Learning
Demonstrated knowledge and experience
- At least 2 years of experience in an international development and advocacy environment
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with people of diverse backgrounds within a global organization
- Excellent English-language verbal and written skills.
- Experience in capacity building and/or education projects
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Project management skills, including ability to multi-task, work effectively in a fast-paced environment, troubleshoot, and follow projects through to completion, with strict deadlines and without loss of attention to detail, budget and reporting
- Evidence of provision of on-going remote support to partners.
- Experience using monitoring, evaluation and learning frameworks and documenting project progress and learning.
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field (public administration, political science, economics, international affairs or related fields in the social sciences and humanities)
- Background knowledge of extractive sector governance issues
- Spanish-language verbal and written skills will be an asset
- Experience in the development and implementation of online curriculum
- Familiarity with learning platforms, like MOODLE, social media and other platforms used for online convening, like Zoom
Application deadline: Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis up to, and including, Friday 16 July; early applications are therefore strongly encouraged. Please note that we will only consider those applicants who submit a CV and details covering letter.
Please note that you must already have the right to work and live in the UK to be considered.
Working Environment: Standard office environment when context allows.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org