ICLEI Europe is looking for a Campaign Coordinator who has the knowledge, experience and social skills needed to advocate and engage governmental and non-governmental partners and target groups to promote sustainable, healthy and climate-friendly food procurement and school nutrition across Europe.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Coordinate and be the central external voice for a European Coalition Campaign on sustainable, healthy and climate-friendly public food procurement (hereafter called ‘Campaign’) with a core group of relevant organisations and a broader coalition of relevant stakeholders;
- Facilitate the development and implementation of a Campaign strategy;
- Oversee and manage the coalition coordination systems;
- Support the Core Team, including the possible recruitment of further members;
- Pro-actively drive the conceptual and strategic development and infrastructure of the Campaign and its objectives with the Core Group;
- Provide direction and support to other Campaign members and staff working on the Campaign;
- Identify the advocacy target groups between European Commission Services, national governments and frontrunner local governments with the help of partners;
- Ensure all partners are on track with Campaign requirements, deliverables and deadlines, and ensure that all communication and deliverables adhere to high standards of quality;
- Plan and manage budget based on scope of work (objectives and targets) and resource requirements in an effective and efficient manner;
- Monitor progress of the Campaign and make adjustments as needed;
- Lead on the Campaign reporting, define progress and solve problems with suitable solutions;
- Support projects, activities and events of ICLEI that are linked to the Campaign scope;
- Undertake effective liaison and relationship building and pro-actively develop and maintain partnerships and joint working with a variety of organisations, institutions and partners on the thematic topic of sustainable food.
- Proven work experience in European campaigning or advocacy work on a relevant topic;
- Relevant work experience in the area of Sustainable Food Systems and Food Policy will be considered an advantage;
- A degree in a relevant subject such as Communications, Environmental Sciences, International Development, Political Sciences, Natural Resource Management, Legal Studies, or other relevant to the scope of the Campaign. Any studies or master programmes related to Food Systems and/or Public Procurement will be considered an asset;
- Demonstrated record of working on sustainability issues with European, national, regional and/or local governments. A record on prolonged exchange and engagement with EC services is an asset;
- Experience of working on international and European projects;
- Ability to be well organised, prioritise tasks and produce good quality work within tight time constraints;
- An inspiring and driving personality with outstanding social skills in driving a European Campaign involving different partners (mainly NGOs) and target groups (European Commission, national, regional and local governments) with different cultural backgrounds will be important for this position;
- Ability to work in a team and also independently within a complex working environment;
- Strong demonstrated oral and written communication skills;
- Strong organisational skills;
- A very good command of English (reading, writing and speaking). Additional European language(s) are an asset;
- Confident user of all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- A comprehensive understanding of the topic of sustainable food systems, and the relevance and influence of local governments in driving the sustainable food transition;
- Professional experience: Understanding of and personal contacts in European institutions, national, regional or local governments; understanding of European policy and advocacy (e.g. topics such as sustainable urban development, climate change, health, agriculture, community engagement, food) as well as on key issues of global and sustainability at city level;
- Proven record of (successful) European Campaigning in the field of sustainable development;
- Knowledge and practical experiences in communications and outreach will be an advantage, including basic skills in InDesign, Photoshop and website content management are an asset.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org