Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit www.worldbank.org
HDVP is seeking a dynamic communications professional to join as an ETC in the HDVP Front Office. This position will work in close coordination with the HDVP front office, the HD knowledge management team, and the ECRHD communications team to support the HDVP’s internal communications, social media channel and other engagement activities, including outreach/engagement around HD knowledge milestones. Primarily an internal focus, completed by some external outreach elements, as guided and prioritized.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Spearhead development of an HDVP staff engagement and internal communications strategy, with corresponding plans and content creation, under guidance of colleagues
• Identify opportunities and formats for carrying HDVP voice on HD priorities and impact.
• Produce high quality products – such as podcasts, newsletters/readers, all staff messages, photo galleries, videos and stories –on HD issues, largely prioritized for dissemination through HDVP’s direct outreach.
• Manage requirements across conceptualization, editorial, scripting, scheduling and coordination
• Bring a creative lens to this agenda; help to bring a people-centered focus to the communications on HD’s work; confidently manage hands-on production of some of the products/creative elements; bring on vendor support as needed.
• Manage HDVP’s personal twitter account, developing and posting messages reflecting across HD priorities, amplifying HDVP’s engagements appropriate for public sharing, and stimulating conversations with stakeholders
• Support internal staff messaging and engagements, including HD townhalls.
• Support content development on HD issues for the intranet, and selectively for framing for external audiences, in formats best suited to the content
• Ensure open and effective channels and relationships with HD’s knowledge and operational teams across HD so that internal communications reflect HD GP priorities and updates – and so that HD overarching priorities are reflected into GP internal staff outreach channels
• Support other activities as may be needed to deliver on the objectives.
• Master’s or bachelor’s degree in Communications, International Relations/Public Affairs, Journalism, Marketing, Economics, Political Science or other related disciplines, with 5 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Outstanding inter-personal and organizational skills, judgment, ability to collaborate with others in a multi-cultural environment, capacity to manage multiple tasks, identify and respond to needs as they arise, and remain flexible and self-motivated in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
• Excellent and demonstrable English language writing skills, with an ability to convey complex ideas in a creative, clear, direct manner, and message to distinct audiences
• Experience in producing multimedia products, working on scripts and developing talking points; some hands-on proficiency in aspects of creative development and product execution such as newsletters, graphics, presentations, audio or video editing tools, etc.
• Ability to initiate and manage continuing editorial and production processes that involve many internal and external stakeholders and vendors
• Experience managing social media platforms and websites
• Solid understanding of Human Development topics and issues; experience working in the WBG desirable
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org