The Policy Assistant will support EPF’s policy team. Please see key responsibilities for more details.
- Monitoring of the policy environment, timely and proactive provision of intelligence and analysis on policy topics on EPF’s agenda
- Support in consulting EPF’s membership, drafting policy statements and positions to ensure a patient perspective in EU policies;
- Desk research and drafting policy briefs for EPF’s members and Board;
- Drafting relevant content for EPF’s communication channels, drafting speaker briefs and preparing PowerPoint presentations for external meetings;
- Supporting the policy team’s involvement in project-related activities.
In addition, the Assistant may be asked to support other work of the EPF Secretariat as assigned.
- Academic degree (European Affairs, Public Health, or other relevant field)
- Knowledge of EU institutions and policy-making procedures
- Commitment to and understanding of patient advocacy in health policy
- Excellent capacity to conduct analysis and write clear and concise text in various formats, e.g. reports, briefings and presentations
- Native-level written English
- Solid communication skills
- Advanced computer literacy including excellent PowerPoint skills
- Knowledge of EU policy and regulatory frameworks on pharmaceuticals and medical devices
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies
- Knowledge of other EU languages than English
- Previous work experience in a patient organisation or other public health non-governmental organisation in the relevant fields.
PERSONAL QUALITIES AND ATTRIBUTES
- Ability to work collaboratively within a diverse, multicultural team
- Ability to manage a complex workload, to plan and prioritise effectively
- Understanding the importance of working within a remit and being accountable to elected officials and the membership
- Ability to implement EPF’s core values in your work
- Ability to be politically impartial in the application of duties
- Director of Policy
- Senior Policy Adviser
- Policy Officer
- EPF member organisations
- External health policy stakeholders, including health NGOs and policy-makers
- Members of the European Parliament and their assistants
- European Commission
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org