We are looking for a Project Officer, on a full-time basis, to be part of the European AIDS Treatment Group team in Brussels, starting in January 2022.
The European AIDS Treatment Group (EATG) is a patient-led NGO that advocates for the rights and interests of people living with or affected by HIV/AIDS and related co-infections within the WHO Europe region. Founded in 1992, the EATG is a network of more than 160 members from 45 countries in Europe. Our members are PLHIV and representatives of different communities affected by HIV/AIDS and co-infections. EATG represents the diversity of more than 2.3 million people living with HIV in Europe as well as those affected by HIV/AIDS and co-infections.
Since its foundation, the EATG has been at the forefront of the development of the civil society response to the HIV/AIDS epidemic in Europe. It represents and defends the treatment-related interests of people living with HIV/AIDS. Our activities focus on treatment literacy and treatment advocacy. A major goal for EATG, when it was founded in 1992, was supporting the simultaneous development of therapies in Europe, including not only antiretroviral therapies, but as well as treatments for opportunistic infections and other AIDS related conditions.
Terms of Reference:
Reporting to the Programme Manager, the Project Officer supports EATG projects and programmatic work. This includes project proposal writing/planning, coordination, implementation and support in monitoring and evaluation of activities.
Projects and Programme(s)
- Support measurement of programmatic and impact performance against stated milestones and goals (Implementation Plan);
- Provide ongoing monitoring of the status of projects to Programme Manager and complete regular check-ins on any relevant grant requirements;
- Support in monitoring schedules and deadlines for programme and project tasks;
- Coordinate and monitor the implementation of project activities as per projects timelines and budgets, including coordination of consultants;
- Coordinate project task groups.
- Report to the Programme Manager, regularly updating her/him/them on all relevant matters;
- Liaise with other EATG employees, consultants and members on relevant issues regarding projects;
- Support Programme Manager with regular reporting to the Executive Director and EATG members via internal reporting systems.
- Support the investment in building relationships and networks with existing and new stakeholders specific to the project(s);
- Provide communications coordinator with relevant project/programme related data/information to enable good external communication.
- Manage project budgets, monitoring expenditure and costs in collaboration with the Finance Manager and Programme Manager;
- Ensure project timesheets are submitted, signed and filed correctly;
- Examine and approve relevant incoming invoices for payment;
- Tracking of project consultancy contracts and annexes.
- Support grant identification;
- Support proposal writing;
- Provide input into donor reporting.
- Participate at meetings e.g. team meetings, programme committee meetings, governance meetings, stakeholders’ meetings, General Assembly, M&E and strategic meetings as required;
- Support the development of a Long-Term Strategy, implementation plans and similar;
- Support the creation of annual reports, GA reports and other relevant reports, presentations etc.;
- Support the creation of project reports, as well as other reporting to funders and other stakeholders as required;
- Adherence to internal policies;
- Support a positive, multicultural work environment that drives open-mindedness and positive relationships;
- Join team building activities (optional);
- Support in minute taking and reporting;
- Participate in activities to improve personal development (e.g. training, conferences).
- Relevant university studies and/or equivalent work experience;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English, any other language is an asset (especially Russian);
- Very good command of MS Office package (Outlook, Excel, Word & PowerPoint);
- Involvement in the HIV field and non-profits is an asset;
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and independently;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities under pressure, trouble-shoot, and to meet short- and long-term deadlines;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Organised and pro-active person;
- Non-discriminative and discreet with confidential information;
- Availability to travel;
- Ideally the candidate will have have EU nationality and/or right to work in Belgium without a work permit.
There are 2 parts to the application process:
Part 1. Please apply to [email protected], attaching one pdf file containing only a cover letter (maximum 1 page) and a CV (maximum 2 pages), in English, detailing your competencies and experience relevant to this role and your reasons for applying for the post. The file name must include the job title and your full name, and the email subject must include the position name only.
Part 2. Simultaneously please fill in the online application form to facilitate the selection process via https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/EATGProjectOfficer.
Application deadline: midnight CET, 1st December 2021
- 100% public transport subscription (home - office);
- A collegial and friendly working environment;
- Flexible working hours;
- 5 extra days paid holiday per year;
- Working from home is allowed several days per week (depending on employees' needs);
- An individual development plan with annual training budget;
- An office in a flexible working space next to Metro Trône with free coffee & tea, use of kitchen amenities, communal interior garden and cafeteria.
Remuneration: likely starting salary in region of 2500 EUR gross per month (depending on relevant experience) plus benefits
Contract: 1 year (renewable) Belgian employment contract
Working hours per week: 38
Starting Date: January 2022
Any application arriving after the deadline, without the stipulated file requirements or without a submitted application form, will not be considered.
Please note that only applicants that are selected for interview will be contacted.
The EATG is an "equal opportunity employer." The employer will not discriminate and will take "affirmative action" measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, creed, colour, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, sex or pre-existing health condition.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org