The Rockefeller Brothers Fund (RBF) seeks an Administrative Assistant to provide administrative and operational support to the President’s office. The incumbent will assist with grants administration, logistical coordination, desk research, and overall administrative support. The Administrative Assistant will respond to grant-related inquires, review submitted materials, and draft correspondence as necessary. The incumbent will support the Senior Executive Assistant to the President and CEO with maintaining the electronic filing system, scheduling, and other administrative tasks.This is a two-year time-limited position. This role reports to the Director of Special Projects, President’s Office and the Senior Executive Assistant.
The starting salary for this role is $54,320.
- Process grant-related proposals and materials.
- Conduct ongoing communication with grantees and internal staff about proposals or grants, including advising on their development and ongoing status.
- Assist with written materials on behalf of the assigned projects and initiatives.
- Support the preparation of dockets, grant memos and all other required support material.
- Draft specialized and/or customized documents, correspondence and memoranda.
- Manage grantee reporting, which includes reviewing for completeness, processing reports, and following up with grantees and RBF staff on outstanding issues.
- Coordinate all pertinent information with Grants Management and Accounting departments.
- Track and monitor grant payments, alerting the manager and Grants Management when payments need to be made and/or if information from grantees is missing.
- Collect payment-related information from grantees and prepare documentation and letters to issue grant payments.
Research, Communications, and Public Events Management
- Under the supervision of the Director of Special Projects, conduct research that supports the President and CEO’s external leadership, initiatives, and public discourse.
- Manage select public events, meetings, and functions of the President and CEO; maintain effective follow-up; assemble biographies of participants.
- Develop information to support President’s Office activities, including PowerPoint presentations for board meetings and briefing books for the President and CEO’s travel.
- Relieve the Senior Executive Assistant as requested, including by supporting scheduling for the President and CEO and by monitoring phone lines.
- Take notes in meetings and keep track of follow up items.
- Provide general administrative support, as requested.
- Excellent written, verbal, analytical, and organizational skills. Ability to draft original correspondence.
- Demonstrated interest in the relevant program areas.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects with flexibility and detail orientation.
- Ability to prioritize, work under pressure, and meet short deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to be consistently diplomatic, tactful, and professional and to interact effectively with all levels of staff, trustees, and external parties.
- Ability to develop and maintain broad knowledge of the RBF’s programs, practices, policies, and procedures, including GivingData software.
- Strong knowledge of and ability to use computer technology, including e-mail, the Internet, database management software, and Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, to efficiently accomplish work.
Education, Experience, and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree with four years of experience with administrative and/or program support. Master’s degree with two years of administrative experience; executive administration preferred.
Expectations of All Positions
Each employee is expected to:
- Understand and support the philanthropic mission of the RBF.
- Respect and value those who partner with or request assistance from the RBF.
- Manage the resources of the RBF in a manner that maximizes the funds available for charitable activity.
- Advance diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts in core responsibilities and institution-wide efforts.
- Respect the contribution of each employee of the RBF and support colleagues in fulfilling their individual responsibilities.
- Appreciate differences in perspectives and points of view and work collaboratively with colleagues toward shared goals and objectives.
- Commit time to RBF activities and conversations that strengthen the Fund’s culture and improve its effectiveness opportunity in all work relationships.
The Rockefeller Brothers Fund is an equal opportunity employer and invites applications from candidates regardless of race, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religion. The RBF is committed to becoming an anti-racist and anti-sexist institution (read more here). We offer a competitive salary based on the responsibilities of the role, a generous benefits package, and a pleasant work environment.
As we emerge from COVID-19 pandemic restrictions, the RBF has adopted a hybrid-remote model for 2022. This role will have the option to work from home, if desired, with the expectation of reporting to the RBF’s New York City office (475 Riverside Drive), at defined intervals or when requested by the manager or the RBF management team.
To apply, please send a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and qualifications along with a resume to [email protected]. Include Administrative Assistant in the subject line of your email. No telephone or fax inquiries, please. Application deadline is June 24, 2022.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org