Eurometaux (Europe’s metals association) is an industry association for the European non-ferrous metals industry, providing an interface with European authorities and international or intergovernmental bodies. The membership includes companies, European associations, and national associations for mining, refining, smelting and recycling of metals in Europe (aluminium, copper, nickel, zinc, silicon, etc.).
About the position
As Energy & Climate Policy Officer, you will:
- Monitor, analyse and brief Eurometaux’s members on legislative and policy developments, in particular: (i) the Fit for 55 Package (EU ETS, CBAM, RED, EED, ETD); (ii) Energy Prices Crisis (REPowerEU, options for wholesale power market intervention, State Aid Temporary Framework); (iii) Competition policy (State Aid for Indirect Carbon Costs and Climate, Energy & Environmental State Aid Guidelines);
- Support the Energy and Climate Change Director in identifying risks and opportunities related to EU legislative and policy developments on energy and climate change;
- Prepare monthly Committee meetings with over 60 senior company members and EU Affairs Specialists;
- Contribute to Eurometaux’s advocacy for an enabling policy framework for electricity-intensive industries;
- Draft position papers, consultation responses and power point presentations and ensure their timely delivery;
- Represent the metals industry in external events before the EU institutions and other stakeholders;
- Develop relationships with the EU institutions, industry peers, other business associations, NGOs, thinktanks etc. to disseminate industry’s messages and to strengthen Eurometaux’s position in various fora we are member of.
Requirements for the position
- An appropriate university degree, such as law, political science, energy economics or engineering;
- Relevant expertise on energy intensive industries and/or climate and energy legislation;
- Ability to understand and deal with high level of technicality on carbon and power markets regulation;
- Excellent organizational and communication (oral and writing) skills in English; knowledge of other EU language is an advantage;
- Ability to learn fast, be proactive and adapt to a variety of tasks.
What Eurometaux offers
- An international working environment with a leading European trade association;
- Opportunities to grow, take initiatives and work with an ambitious team;
- A full-time position with a competitive salary package;
- Excellent team spirit;
- A young, dynamic, and professional international working environment;
- Multiple opportunities for development and learning.
You can apply by sending your CV and a cover letter to Sebastien Bechara at [email protected] and Hugo Tosello at [email protected] indicating ‘ECC Policy Officer - Eurometaux‘ in the subject line.
The position is open until filled. While there is no deadline to apply, interested candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible due to assessment on a rolling basis.
Starting Date as soon as possible.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org