Women Political Leaders (WPL) is the global network of women politicians. Its mission is to increase the number and influence of women in political office. WPL is an independent, post-partisan, not-for-profit foundation based in Iceland, the world champion of gender equality. The WPL secretariat is very international and works with women politicians and decision-makers around the world.
WPL is committed to achieving in its secretariat workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups, and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
WPL does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo reference checks.
Project Assistant Trainee
WPL is looking for a talented and motivated Project Assistant (trainee level) for an engagement of 6 months (potentially extended), to support the team in the daily coordination of the projects.
- Support to transnational project management alongside European community and institutions, and international organizations (i.e. OECD; UN; World Economic Forum);
- Support the implementation, management and coordination of all aspects of specific WPL conferences, projects, and initiatives;
- Support to programme and event management: research, drafting invitations and briefings, logistical planning;
- Support to knowledge management: collection of monitoring data, events follow up;
- Support to communications activities: drafting of newsletter, drafting of social media messages, design and layout;
- Monitor project progress and deliverables, keeping the project organised and to task;
- Monitor project processes and systems and help team members use them;
- Maintain comprehensive project documentation and filing systems and internal communications systems and processes
- Act as the point of contact for and communicate project status to internal and external stakeholders as needed;
- Work closely with WPL team members to coordinate successful activity implementation through to execution;
- Additional planning, coordination, implementation and administrative support as needed.
- Proactivity – a ‘doer’ capable of driving projects in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment with shifting priorities and occasional heavy workloads.
- A firm commitment to female leadership;
- Good organisational, planning, and coordination skills;
- Ability to multi-task and re-prioritise as needed;
- Ability to work effectively as a team member of a multicultural and multilingual team;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Desire to take ownership of assigned projects and work independently;
- Proactive approach to resolving problems and issues;
- Attention to detail.
Education and Experience Requirements
- In the process of or having completed a Bachelor's or Master’s degree;
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Fluency in any other major international language is an advantage;
- Knowledge of EU institutions, current affairs and international relations;
- Ability to use IT tools and softwares such as the Microsoft Package (Word, Excel, Outlook…). Knowledge of CRM tools is an advantage;
- Excellent writing skills.
Candidates should send an email entitled "Project Assistant - Trainee Application" to [email protected] with a CV and letter of motivation (each no more than one page of A4). Please indicate your earliest availability to start.
Due to the high number of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that an internship agreement with a University/Erasmus+ or any other institution is required.
Personal data processing
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org