The Pacific Council seeks to hire a Program Specialist to contribute to its events and membership (i.e. “engagement”) program. This role specializes in constituent engagement within our curated, West Coast global affairs community, including member recruitment and retention, planning and executing regular in-person and virtual events, and developing and executing communications campaigns to market events and attract new constituents to the organization. This role supports the organization’s mission to build the capacity of Los Angeles and California for impact on global issues, discourse, and policy.
The role includes aspects of project management, including monitoring progress and updating project management tools, supporting the creation and distribution of regular updates to members and stakeholders, and scheduling and organizing meetings and public-facing events on pertinent local-to-global issues. The Program Specialist, Events and Membership brings membership and event management specialization and international affairs industry knowledge to the role.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Event Coordination and Promotion
- Plans, markets, and attends in-person and online events 2-3 times per month
- Designs and executes event activity, services,and special events. Oversees the events calendar for all internal and external events.
- Composes international relations event overviews and web content; provides and approves newsletter content related to events
- Manages event logistics, including vendors, venues, food & beverage, and guest registration
- Researches the (speaker/ global affairs industry) market and recruits speakers according to member interests and demand
- Executes events spanning in-person and virtual event platforms
- Serves as the primary organizational contact for members; promptly answers inquiries about recruitment, renewals, and upcoming activity.
- Plans and implements quarterly or bi-annual new member recruitment events and processes
- Develops communications campaigns for and oversees implementation of annual membership renewal cycle(s) in conjunction with business operations staff
Member and community outreach
- Designs and manages communications campaigns to increase member recruitment and retention and improve awareness of the organization within the community; implements campaigns in coordination with Associate Director of Engagement and communications contract team
- Implements department’s marketing strategy; develops promotional materials and online posts about membership opportunities in coordination with Associate Director of Engagement and communications contract team
- Builds, documents, and improves internal processes and workflows, including SOP documentation
- Develops and oversees project timelines; owner of progress-tracking in project management tool
- Oversees member and event data collection, record-keeping, and event campaign creation on Salesforce and other virtual event platforms in conjunction with administrative staff
- Manages virtual events production on Zoom and other relevant event platforms (i.e. Instagram, others as needed)
- Monitors department expenses and reports progress to senior members of team regularly
Data analysis and collection
- Recommends program modifications or creation of new event lineup and services to meet department and organizational KPIs.
- Identifies areas of improvement in overall data management ecosystem
- 2-3 years relevant experience, such as event management, association management, fundraising, sales, marketing and / or program delivery
- High energy, positive “can-do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork, impeccable attention to detail, and high degree of initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage complex relationships across various levels and functional areas.
- Demonstrated, deep commitment to mission, core values, and our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Proficiency with CRMs, project management tools, Microsoft Office, Google Drive programs, Apple and PC operating systems, and Zoom
- Employee must abide by USC’s COVID-19 protocols at all times.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in international relations or related field preferred
- Experience working in government or other international affairs setting
- Working knowledge of how to navigate United Nations, Department of State, Department of Defense, and /or other international affairs actors and organizational structures
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Experience in and capacity to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to multi-task and manage various project elements simultaneously
- Proficiency with Salesforce
ADDITIONAL QUALITIES NEEDED
- Relationship Management: Able to cross manage their peers and supervisors against internal project deadlines and initiatives. Balance their own projects against the needs of others. Able to work independently as well as on a team. Understand urgent versus important.
- Executes to Results: Strong ability to create and execute against work plans. History of meeting goals and achieving benchmarks and holding self and others accountable. Trouble-shoot and work well with others. Ability to manage a high volume of transactions and be productive in a fast-paced multitasked environment. Committed to process and efficiency. Must be very detail-oriented.
- Communication: Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and written. Good listener, empathetic team player, and flexible.
- Subject-Matter Understanding: A background or interest in international affairs and/or public policy.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org