Are you passionate about intercultural understanding as a key for a better world? Would you like to support the leading non-profit organisation in learning mobility for secondary schools in giving visibility to its impact? Are you a team leader? This job is for YOU!
AFS and the European Federation for Intercultural Learning
EFIL, the European Federation for Intercultural Learning, is the umbrella organisation of all 24 AFS organisations in Europe, and two AFS organisations in the South Mediterrenean. EFIL’s members are European, volunteer-based associations which organise long and short term intercultural stays for young people in a worldwide network.
EFIL is a competent partner in Europe in the educational field, with substantial expertise and experience in intercultural learning. EFIL actively supports its member organisations to implement the AFS mission and strategic plan, and to operate within the European environment.
EFIL’s activities revolve around three pillars: Advocacy and Research; Intercultural Learning; and Active Citizenship.
The EFIL team is based in Brussels and is currently composed of 6 employees and a variable number of ESC volunteers. The main working language is English.
COMMUNICATION OFFICER (80%)
- Implementation and updating of the public relations and communications plan, including monitoring of EFIL's visibility and defining specific dissemination strategies;
- Management of communication channels and content production, including the organisation’s websites, social media platforms, campaigns, brochures, newsletters, reports, presentations and videos, branding materials, webinars and other publications;
- Participation in external events and support to EFIL advocacy efforts;
- Support to the EFIL project managers for EU and Council of Europe funded projects with a communications component;
- Support to the team to ensure the implementation of EFIL's evaluation and monitoring plan;
- Support to the team to ensure EFIL's compliance with the latest GDPR provisions;
- Handle related financial and administrative tasks.
DEPUTY SECRETARY GENERAL (20%)
- Liaise regularly with the Secretary general in order to be updated on the most important aspects of governance and team management;
- In case of absence of the Secretary General, and under a specific mandate discussed with the Secretary General and the Board of Directors, ensure the day-to-day management of the organisation, including - among other tasks- the management of the EFIL team, liaising with the Board of Directors for governance matters, and liaising with the representatives of the EFIL members and AFS International.
Profile of the Candidate
- At least 3 to 5 years of work experience;
- Relevant postgraduate academic background in communication;
- Fluent in English (at least C1), both spoken and written;
- Knowledge of WordPress, Piktochart, InDesign, Canva, Mailchimp, Adobe or other design software would be an advantage;
- A good understanding of the sector of volunteer-based, educational and youth-oriented non-profit organisations and/or intercultural exchanges;
- Proven leadership and organisational management skills, including management of teams, budgets, events (volunteer experience in this field is also considered);
- Proven grant writing, grant reporting and project management experience is a plus;
- Experience with measuring project/organisational impact (indicators, quality assurance plans) is a plus;
- Accurate and independent worker, committed and flexible team player;
- Strong communication skills in an international and online-based setting, including ability to build relationships across a network;
- Comfortable use of ICT tools, especially in terms of online collaboration (e.g. GSuite), project management and effective use of social media;
- Prepared to work in Brussels, occasional travel and work on week-ends. Must be legally eligible to work in Belgium.
- Permanent contract (CDI);
- A salary that will be commensurate to previous experience and skills, in line with the job market in European NGOs in Brussels;
- Benefits package (transportation reimbursement, group pension, hospitalisation insurance, meal vouchers, extra holiday days, internet, working from home lump sum etc.);
- Flexible working hours according to EFIL labour regulations;
- A stimulating and international working context;
- A positive working atmosphere in a small, young and multicultural team;
- Suggested starting date: 6 November 2023.
- Letter of motivation explaining experience with communication and organisational management;
- Curriculum vitae;
- Submit documents to EFIL Secretary general Elisa Briga at [email protected].
Only complete applications will be considered.
Application deadline: position open until filled - latest by Sunday 17 September 2023.
Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis and interviews with short listed candidates may be conducted before the closing date. Interviews will take place on Friday 22 September and Monday 25 September 2023 at the latest.
Given the large volume of applications usually received, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The European Federation for Intercultural Learning encourage all persons with the qualifications specified to apply for the position, without distinction in terms of sex, handicap, social or ethnic origin, religion, conviction or sexual orientation. EFIL recognizes different types of experience, professional and volunteer experience.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org