Are you looking to help transform support services for persons with disabilities and build up their resilience? Do you want a leadership role in fighting for better policies that can enable such change? Are you keen to manage a team of dedicated Policy Officers? Are you looking for the next step in your career that will allow you to grow a vast array of competences?
Then join EASPD in Brussels as a Head of Policy!
This new role will have as main responsibility to lead coordinate EASPD’s policy work and team to achieve the EASPD’s mission. You will have the opportunity to shape EASPD’s policy positions and represent the organisation towards International, European and national authorities. You will have the opportunity to join EASPD’s Management team and contribute to strategic discussions on the organisation’s health, growth and sustainability.
In addition to this, you will have the chance to lead, guide and support the implementation of EU-funded projects. You would work directly under the supervision of, and report to, EASPD’s Secretary General.
- Be an active member of EASPD’s Management team, which focuses on the overall health, growth and sustainability of the organisation;
- Help to mainstream EASPD’s policy positions and objectives throughout EASPD’s work;
- Lead and manage EASPD’s Policy team, including setting objectives and professional development;
- Develop and ensure the implementation of EASPD’s strategic policy objectives, programme and activities;
- Represent EASPD externally and build relationships and partners with existing and new stakeholders;
- Other tasks such as events organisation, project management and administrative tasks;
- Persons with disabilities are particularly welcome to apply for the position.
- Degree in relevant disciplines (e.g.: politics, law, EU affairs, international development, Social Studies, etc.);
- Proven experience in either management, coaching or mentorship;
- At least 5-year proven professional experience in policy/lobbying/advocacy and social services;
- Significant knowledge of disability rights, social services & social economy issues.
- Significant knowledge of UN and EU institutions and their processes.
- Significant experience in networking and building partnerships with external stakeholders.
- Oral and Written Fluency in English and at least one additional European language;
- Ability to work independently and excellent attention to detail and accuracy;
- Capacity to work in a team and engage with different types of stakeholders;
- Strong organisation and time management skills, ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks effectively and respect deadlines;
- Good command of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and videoconferencing tool (Zoom).
- Solid knowledge of project management and implementation;
- Solid knowledge of events organisation;
- Basic knowledge of IT Skills (experience with Word Press would be a plus);
- Basic knowledge of financial literacy, especially with regard to project budget management.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org