Responsible for advancing US Policy, Advocacy and Communications (USPAC) work on MLE (measurement, learning and evaluation), strategy development, message development, and audience segmentation. Responsible for strategic thinking and analysis to advance issue advocacy efforts and K-12 Education, Postsecondary Success, Pacific Northwest and Communications goals.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Assist with review, analysis, synthesis, and communication of evaluation findings and other data to inform internal and external decision-making.
- Support development, refinement, and updating of results frameworks, scorecards, and data for decision-making frameworks and timelines for strategy refresh/review/annual planning. Conduct/oversee related grant result inventories.
- Contribute to review of new grants to ensure technically sound measurement plans aligned with strategy-level results. Assist SPO-MLE w/development and management of complex MLE grants and contracts.
- Manage advocacy related grants and contracts.
- Analyze message/opinion research/analytics reports to inform strategy development and programmatic, communications and advocacy efforts.
- Produce audience segmentation analyses and develop strategic plans to appropriately engage key groups.
- Develop reports for key internal stakeholders and grantees.
- Work collaboratively with key internal partners (including USPAC and Program teams).
- This role is responsible for high quality interactions and clear and consistent communications with grantees and partners in the field.
Reports to: Deputy Director, US Policy, Advocacy, and Communications.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, public policy or other related field preferred.
- 5+ years of experience (preferably in an advocacy or policy-making capacity, in education) in communications, message research, strategy development and the intersection between communications and policy or related fields.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in advocacy or public awareness campaign efforts.
- Knowledge of domestic policy and education policy issues.
- Deep understanding of how public policy at the national, state and local level is formulated, enacted and implemented.
- Strategic thinking.
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of information and identify (and present) implications for Foundation priorities.
- Experience in market segmentation, communications, opinion polling/research, marketing, and branding.
- Strong understanding of cutting edge research methodologies.
- The ability to be a quick learner, flexible, highly organized, with ability to manage multiple projects with a strong orientation to detail/quality work.
- Ability to be highly effective while managing shifting internal expectations.
- Strong oral, written, and presentation communication skills.
- Prioritize and manage large amounts of information relevant to the work.
- Must be able to deal with sensitive information and situations with utmost care and composure.
- Commitment to equity, accountability and results in the educational system.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*