The Events and Communications Coordinator reports to the Executive Director and also works closely with the Program Officer and volunteers. This position is responsible for carrying out daily event coordination, communications and administrative related tasks and projects – specifically in preparation of our annual fundraising gala. The organization and successful implementation of our annual gala will be the main focus of the Events and Communications Coordinator.
Hours: This is a full-time, temporary position beginning immediately and continuing through April with a possible extension. Some evenings and weekend hours are required.
Compensation: Competitive salary.
- Event planning, including event logistics, VIP/honoree interface, invitation design and production, marketing and development of promotional materials.
- Develop copy for marketing and promotion materials, including event announcements, and fundraising appeals. Develop member e-newsletters and assist in managing targeted communications to the various audiences of the American Turkish Society.
- Manage The Society's website and social media accounts.
- Manage the organizational calendar in concert with the Program Officer, setting schedules and appointments, and arranging meetings including Board and committee meetings.
- Prepare memos, correspondence, minutes, reports, data, and other materials related to The Society's special projects and the regular operation of the office. Perform other administrative and program duties as necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Excellent organizational skills; extensive experience in event organization and coordination.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required. Familiarity with Photoshop is a plus.
- Outstanding writing skills, as well as excellent communication and constituent relationship skills.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of Twitter, Facebook, and other social media outlets and their evaluation.
- General knowledge of Turkey, including its history, arts/culture and current events.
- Proficiency in written and spoken Turkish is a plus.
- Only local residents will be considered.
- Applicants must have authorization to work in USA. We do not sponsor visas.
Please e-mail your resume, cover letter and salary requirements for further consideration. Local inquiries only, please. Relocation expenses are not available.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*