POSITION TITLE: M&E Advisor
RESPONSIBLE TO: Impact and Communication Technology Manager
STATUS: Full time
SUPERVISORY CAPACITY: None
START DATE: April 1, 2017
*APPLICANTS MUST ALREADY BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES.
American Refugee Committee (ARC) works in ten countries around the world helping victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters rebuild their lives. ARC’s programs in Africa, the Middle East, and Asia provide health care, clean water, shelter repair, legal aid, trauma counseling, microcredit, community development services, and repatriation assistance to the people they serve. ARC bases its relationship with uprooted peoples on mutual respect and a compassionate exchange of knowledge and values.
The Headquarters staff, which are based in both Minneapolis, MN and Washington, DC, support the country programs in a number of technical and administrative areas. The International Programs Department ensures that all ARC programs are meeting minimum standards and supports quality control efforts at the design, implementation, and evaluation stages of all ARC programmatic initiatives. The Impact & Communication Technology team works interdepartmentally to create visibility into global programs; creating, rolling-out, and maintaining a mechanism for consistently tracking information; and leading the organization to think through how we understand and measure impact.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
ARC is seeking an M&E Adviser to provide M&E support at Headquarters and remotely to field offices. Under the general direction of the Impact & Communication Technology Manager and in close coordination with the Director of Programs and Operations, the M&E Advisor will support M&E functions of the organization conducted within the International Programs department in addition to developing and rolling out M&E strategies and systems that cross ARC worldwide.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY PRIMARY DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide on-going technical support to ARC M&E country focal points in developing proposals and monitoring project progress, including review and support in developing performance indicator log frames, M&E work plans, theories of change, surveys, evaluations and report reviews as needed.
- Support the identification and implementation of near and long-term objectives toward strengthening ARC M&E processes and systems.
- Support the development of a centralized knowledge repository and communication platform for sharing M&E resources to include strategic documents, tools and templates, M&E project activities, globalindicators and lessons learned that meet needs of both HQ and field offices.
- Work with technical teams to define the quality of outcome/impact evidence that will be needed from their programs/projects and defining appropriate longitudinal, quasi-experimental and/or point in time evaluations for integration into comprehensive M&E plans for programs and projects.
- Provide M&E recruitment support to field teams as required.
- Provide support in country by travelling to country programs
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree in International Relations, Development Studies, Humanitarian Affairs, Public Health or related discipline, Master degree preferred.
- 5-7 years related professional experience in M&E, including significant work in developing country settings.
- Experience in indicator development, data collection and analysis, data quality assessments, and/or performance monitoring and reporting
- Experience providing M&E technical support to HQ and field staff, designing and conducting training and capacity building activities, and developing proposals.
- Knowledge of M&E best practices for ARC's major technical areas and for emergency, relief, and development settings.
- Experience in designing, conducting, and analysis of research studies (quantitative and qualitative).
- Strategic, systematic thinker with experience building organizational capacity and leadership.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and management skills.
- Experience with organizational problem solving.
- Knowledge of humanitarian situations / responses.
KEY BEHAVIORS & ABILITIES
- Ability to work with teams in an international, multicultural and interdisciplinary environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization.
- Excellent self-motivation skills.
- Experience in effectively dealing with international and headquarters staff, as well as donor agencies, government officials, and other NGOs; the ability to work with a broad spectrum of people.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently.
- Extremely flexible with the ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations.
- Ability to relate to and motivate staff effectively.
- Independent and creative thinking.
- Ability to travel approximately 30% of the time.
American Refugee Committee is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. American Refugee Committee complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Please submit CV and Cover Letter to the link above (https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=o1WN4fwy&s=Global_Jobs)