What part will you play?
Senior Writers are the lead writers on their assigned shift. They are expected to handle varied and complex story assignments.
What will you be doing?
- Senior Writers, as well as all CNNI writers, must have the ability to present accurate assigned scripts to Copy Editors according to network deadlines and style.
- A strong, conversational writing style is a requirement.
- Candidates must demonstrate an aptitude of the latest production technologies and techniques in enhancing scripts.
*Must be willing to work any shift including weekends and overnights.
What do we need from you?
- BA or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience as a writer in broadcast journalism.
- Demonstrated abilities beyond show writing, i.e. copy editing, show production, story production, long-form production.
- A working knowledge of business and economic stories is preferred.
- Successful candidates will demonstrate a knowledge of and active participation in social media as a news tool, and will also demonstrate leadership, effective communication skills and the desire to mentor aspiring journalists.
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2015 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*