Abt Associates is a mission-driven, global leader in research and program implementation in the fields of health, social and environmental policy, and international development. Known for its rigorous approach to solving complex challenges, Abt Associates is regularly ranked as one of the top 20 global research firms and one of the top 40 international development innovators. The company has multiple offices in the U.S. and program offices in more than 40 countries.
Abt Associates, a mission-driven, global leader in research and program implementation in the field of international development, seeks qualified candidates for an upcoming USAID-funded Health Reform project in Ukraine.
• Providing and implementing strategic vision and overall technical, administrative, and financial management leadership to produce required project results;
• Managing collaboration and coordination with key Ukrainian counterparts and ensuring capacity development and sustainability;
• Ultimately responsible for overall project performance and achievement of goals and objectives
• Project planning, including timely preparation of the annual implementation plan;
• Effectively coordinating and engaging with all project stakeholders;
• Maintaining a productive partnership relationship with USAID;
• Managing and developing staff, sub-Contractors, and consultants to achieve expected results;
• Ensuring high quality standards of technical assistance and support to Program stakeholders;
• Master’s degree, PhD, or Medical Doctor degree,
• At least 8 years of senior-level project management experience in designing and implementing, health programs, with a preference given to health systems strengthening programs,
• Demonstrated understanding of health systems in the former Soviet Union,
• Prior experience in working with USAID and/or other international donors in Ukraine, Central and Eastern Europe, or the former Soviet Union;
• A demonstrated track record of progressively responsible managerial experience managing a complex portfolio that includes health reform activities,
• Experience developing project vision, aligning key stakeholders, and assuring that the vision is translated into implementable strategies
• Proven ability to effectively lead and manage large, multi-disciplinary teams to achieve results
• Ability to liaise effectively with and develop consensus among key stakeholders, including USAID, national and local officials, public, private, and civil society partners
• Proficiency in English and either Russian or Ukrainian required.
To apply, please send your CV with the position title in the subject line. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*