At CARE, we seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live with dignity and security.
This has been our vision since 1945 when we were founded to send lifesaving CARE Packages® to survivors of World War II. Today, CARE is a global leader in the movement to eradicate poverty. In 2015, CARE worked in 95 countries and reached 65 million people with an incredible range of life-saving programs. We also put women and girls at the center of our work because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities. We seek dynamic, innovative thinkers to further our mission. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us.
CARE is seeking a Program Officer who will provide critical support to the Grants Coordination Team (GCT) and help ensure the success of CARE's private donor stewardship and grants management. S/he will monitor and track payment schedules and incoming funds, compile, enter and verify pledge details in the donor database, maintain databases and trackers used to store details relevant to active and expired grants, manage a small portfolio of grants primarily from individual donors, and provide overall support to the Grants Coordination Team.
- Enter requests for proposals and new grant details in Access database and ensure that items have been assigned accordingly;
- Create new pledges in CARE's donor database to record funding approved by donors and corresponding payment schedules;
- Update Foundations and Corporate trackers to insert new and modified grant details;
- Develop consistent system for storing documents and recommend naming conventions to improve efficiency in saving and locating files;
- Compile and summarize private restricted portfolio on a monthly basis for review with Director, Grants Coordination;
- Track integration of global outcome indicators in proposals for private donors;
- Confirm private donations are recorded properly and timely;
- Collaborate with GCT, Finance, and Information Management Team to ensure incoming payments are coded appropriately in Donor Direct and PeopleSoft;
- Review holding fund code activity no less than monthly to monitor balance and aging. Work with GCT to determine actions required to clear gifts;
- Field requests from Shared Services Center (SSC) to appropriate grants manager for action;
- Generate monthly burn rate reports for entire private grants portfolio, highlighting areas of concern for Director, Grants Coordination;
- Manage a small portfolio of grants, primarily from Major Gifts donors;
- Collaborate with fundraisers to set up new awards and make modifications, as needed, to existing awards;
- Proactively monitor spend down of funding and communicate with Country Offices to identify problems;
- Lead donor reporting process for assigned grants, ensuring reports are submitted on time;
- Secure signatures on grant agreements and other forms;
- Support Director, Grants Coordination with responding to requests from internal customers including Finance, SSC, department heads, country offices and relationship managers;
- Develop strong working knowledge of CARE's award management processes and systems;
- Assist team with compiling required documents for proposal development, award set up and donor reporting;
- Collaborate with Finance staff to provide responses to external auditors' inquiries;
- Serve as backup for other GCT members during absences or periods of high volume.
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 1 - 3 years’ experience in grants management or administrative role
- Basic math, bookkeeping or accounting skills
- 1-year experience using PeopleSoft or similar accounting software desired;
- 1-year experience using Blackbaud or similar CRM software a plus;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills;
- Fluency in speaking a second language (Spanish or French) desired.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*