The PM manages the project activities and team and is responsible for a smooth implementation of the project in accordance with the set regulations and framework.
- Ensures the implementation of the activities, accordingly to the Project documentation, undertaking the procurement operations according to the donor, Cesvi and Local Government rules and procedures.
- Prepares the overall and annual workplan of the project.
- Guarantees project reports respecting the deadline required by Cesvi HQ and the donor.
- Supports the administrator in the procurement procedures and manages contracts with subcontractors.
- Represents the Project with local authorities, the donor, partners and other stakeholders involved in the action.
- Ensure an efficient office organization and a correct registration of project documentations.
- Identifies potential risks, and rolls out contingency plans.
- Contributes in the identification and the development of new project proposals in the social sector and/or in the area of intervention.
- University Degree in Agronomy, International development or related studies;
- At least 3 year experience in managing agricultural and food security projects in an international context;
- Experience in working with local NGOs and CBO’s with a participatory approach;
- Excellent management skills including human resource and financial management,
- Good administrative skills and abilities;
- Communicative, analytical and problem solving personality;
- Dynamic and willing to take initiative;
- Flexible, patient and with a positive attitude;
- Ability to manage workload and stress and work in a challenging environment;
- Fluency in written and spoken French;
- Computer literacy.
- Experience in environmental programs;
- Networking skills and advocacy skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*