- Carrying out research on EU and national politics with regards to Roma issues and in the fields of anti-discrimination and social inclusion;
- Assisting with current projects;
- Assisting with drafting of publications;
- Supporting the information programme (e.g. e-news, newsletters, press releases);
- Assisting with the organisation of events;
- Proofreading, editing and/or translating texts;
- Supporting the maintenance of ERIO's database;
- Supporting the updating of ERIO’s website.
Internships are unpaid. However, we can offer you the possibility to:
- Gain knowledge on lobbying with European institutions on anti-discrimination and social inclusion issues
- Become familiar with EU policies on Roma, human rights and anti-discrimination issues
- Become familiar with the landscape of Brussels-based NGOs
- Work in an international and multicultural environment
- Gain knowledge on fundraising issues
Whenever possible and depending on ERIO’s annual work programme, we try to satisfy the trainee’s needs and professional interests during the internship to ensure they get the most out of this experience.
- The candidate must be a student and be able to provide an official internship agreement from his/her university
- The internship would be fulfilling part of a university study requirement
- Insurance and costs are to be covered by the university or the student
The preferred duration for an internship is 6 months. However, the minimum duration is 4 months. Internships are full-time only. Please provide your availability dates for the internship in your motivation letter.
- Excellent English verbal and writing skills;
- Fluency in French is preferable;
- Motivated, helpful and dedicated individual, able to take responsibility and initiative as part of a small office team;
- Strong communication skills;
- Reporting skills;
- Commitment to the promotion of Roma inclusion and human rights;
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritise multiple tasks;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Roma issues, discrimination/human rights and of European Union policies and institutions is an asset;
- IT and computer skills.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*