Under the supervision of the Director, Donor Relations, the Development Associate works with the External Affairs team in supporting philanthropic engagement and strategic partnerships with the organization. The Development Associate is responsible for supporting development initiatives including individual giving, corporate relations, and special events. Primary responsibilities include: Meridian Global Leadership Council and Corporate Council prospect management, solicitation, stewardship and event support; database and financial management; and other special projects as needed.
The Development Associate will have an understanding of international affairs, diplomacy, and the funding community.
- Manage Council memberships including: using Salesforce to track, monitor and evaluate Council activities and contributions. Manage renewal dates and member engagement.
- Provide administrative support to secure and steward donors including creating invoices, tracking pledge payment status, monitoring acknowledgement and receipts, and any donor requested reporting
- Liaise with Meridian programs to identify opportunities for council members’ engagement in Meridian programming: to attend events, provide expertise, and/or serve as a Meridian ambassador
- Support all development-led programs and events in coordination with External Affairs team: create invitations, track RSVPs, staff events, etc.
- Create and maintain development lists in Salesforce database for prospecting, cultivation, and stewardship activities
- Conduct prospect research
- Create and implement a donor communications plan and coordinate donor outreach; ensure ongoing communications with prospects and members, using individualized correspondence, newsletters, event invitations, website, Meridian programs and marketing collateral, in coordination with the Communications team.
- Support VP, Development on new initiatives including capital campaign planning and other partnership opportunities
- Conduct online and mail appeal campaigns
- Manage updates and content for development pieces of meridian.org website.
- Work with special events team to successfully implement the annual Meridian Ball and other stakeholder events
- Ensure an exceptional donor experience including regular and appropriate event engagement, fulfillment of donor benefits, identifying donor experiences of personal interest, timely gift recognition, and high quality correspondence
- Work with Communications team to develop strategies for development presence in cross-organization communications and marketing
- Work with VP, Development on building Planned Giving program
- Maintain accurate and complete records of donor communications in Salesforce database
- Prepare regular reports on development progress and metrics
- Monitor budget
- Other support as directed by the VP, Development and Executive leadership
Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Undergraduate degree
- 2-5 years of increasing responsibility and experience in a non-profit development or fundraising operation
- Experience with capital campaigns, major fund drives, and similar long-term activities is highly desirable
- Any equivalent combination of training, education, and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the position
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proven performance in development activities, with exceptional experience in individual giving
- A passion for and understanding of international affairs, development, arts and culture, and/or policy highly preferred
- Exceptional written and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to prioritize and deliver within a multi-faceted organization
- Demonstrated team player
- Experience raising money through large fundraising events
- Sophisticated database skills, with Salesforce experience preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
Physical Effort and Dexterity
Visual Acuity, Hearing, and Speaking
Excellent verbal and written command of the English language
Environment and Scheduling
- Interest in working with an international not-for-profit professional exchange organization
- Interest in working within a diverse work environment
This position is classified FLSA exempt.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*