The Yale Young Global Scholars Program (YYGS) is a high school academic enrichment and leadership development initiative administered by the Office of International Affairs (OIA). Reporting to the Director and Asia Program Manager, the Global Scholars Fellow will gain experience in all facets of a fast-growing organization that has expanded to include YYGS sessions at Yale Center Beijing in China and the Yale-NUS College in Singapore for high school students from around the world. The Fellow is responsible for a wide range of activities related to our overseas sessions in Asia, including assisting with crafting a long-term strategic vision for YYGS through the data analysis of marketing, admissions, and program reviews, developing marketing materials for the sessions in China and Singapore, coordinating logistics for the YYGS sessions in Asia and assisting with the six sessions on Yale’s campus during the summer, assisting the leadership team with the administration of the YYGS programs, establishing a mentorship program for participants post-YYGS, managing communication with prospective applicants through email, phone, and website, reading applications of high school students from around the world applying to YYGS; sitting on the admissions committee and assisting in making admissions decisions.
1. Independently undertakes various confidential projects and documents and prepares briefs on the findings.
2. Develops appropriate methods and/or techniques to produce high-quality project results and disseminates and educates academic community.
3. Provides project support to department leader and to actively develop appropriate external contacts and networks.
4. Develops internal and external communication materials.
5. Prepares and leads relevant meetings.
6. Develops and implements programs to better serve the University.
7. Develops and implements risk-reduction strategies to influence the academic community.
8. Participates in planning of the University programs.
9. To ensure that responsibilities identified within internal processes such as Health and Safety
10. Ensures university guidelines are robustly met by all project team members.
11. Resolves problems affecting the delivery of research projects and planning future research projects that might emerge from the current project.
12. Educate relevant staff on university projects/programs.
13. May perform other duties as assigned.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*