Network 20/20 is an independent educational organization that engages rising private sector leaders in foreign policy. We provide briefings by leading foreign policy experts in intimate settings, conduct on-the-ground research trips in countries where there is a need for deeper understanding, and encourage networking among the group and with counterparts abroad. With its diverse, multinational membership and access to leading foreign policy experts, Network 20/20 provides a forum for an informed understanding of foreign policy.
The Program Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
Foreign Affairs Speakers Series
- Coordinate all logistics surrounding each briefing including correspondences with host, speaker, and presider to confirm that all is in order. Manage the events themselves (checking microphones, handing out name tags, monitoring acceptances and guest fees, keeping records up to date).
- Update the website with to-date speaker information.
- Work closely with the President, Speakers Committee, Network 20/20 Advisors, and members to develop a list of potential speakers, venues, and dates.
- Establish a clear matrix of potential speakers, venues, and dates so that we have a succinct summary of each year's Lecture Series that reflects interests of Network 20/20 as well as prioritizes foreign affairs issues and events.
- Conduct follow up correspondence, match speakers with venues, write and send event notices, and monitor responses.
- Explore new venue possibilities, including site visits and coordination with multiple venue options including corporate offices, consulates and private residences.
- Supervise interns and volunteers to coordinate details and logistics to ensure that every event is a success, and runs smoothly.
Annual Foreign Policy Lecture and Benefit
- Work closely with the President, Board of Directors and Benefit Committee to select a speaker, conduct outreach, send major donor letters, acquire live and silent auction donations, form bidding groups, and sell tickets.
- Work closely with the President to set a board meeting date, circulate materials, and attend the meetings as required.
- Manage Network 20/20’s social media presence.
- Update database with contact information of all contacts when necessary
- Support Network 20/20’s bookkeeper, Board Treasurer and auditor on all financial matters including billing, tracking donation pledges and preparing the annual review.
- Provide administrative support to Network 20/20’s President, including helping schedule meetings, prioritize tasks, and address administrative issues as needed.
- BA degree, preferably in international relations/international affairs/political science.
- Substantive understanding of foreign affairs.
- Advanced research and writing abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Team player with demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently, and respond with flexibility.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments or tasks and success at meeting deadlines while producing high-quality work
- Technical skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and all social media platforms.
- 2-5 years of prior office experience.
- Fundraising experience is a plus.
- Ability to start immediately.
To apply, please send your resume, a cover letter and a short writing sample to [email protected] by Sunday, April 23. Please include your name in the subject line.