The Safety and Security Program Manager is responsible to promote and support the success and safety of field programs and staff, bases and housing. This position will also develop and maintain security and evacuation plans and policies according to Samaritan’s Purse (SP) procedures. These activities may include the management of government and contractual relationships, program support, process evaluation, general finance reporting and direct supervision of staff. The Safety and Security Program Manager will continually make site visits to program areas to evaluate safety and security.
Description of Job duties:
- Develop and maintain relationships with diverse personnel who may impact security of SP personnel. These include, but are not limited to, local village leaders, police, military, other NGOs, UN and government leaders;
- Analyze open source and confidential information to continually update the national and local threat levels;
- Maintain up to date information on political, economic and social status on a national level and report to the regional security manager and in country leadership on a regular basis;
- Develop, manage and train a team of national security officers as well as sub-base national staff;
- Maintain disaster response plan, evacuation plan and other contingency plans as required;
- Work closely with country leadership in advising on travel restrictions and program hibernations;
- Ensure efficient use of funding and accurate financial reporting, preparing and evaluating budget with base manager.
- Maintain a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ;
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- One year of college-level Biblical studies preferred;
- Minimum of one year of management experience, preferably in a disaster location;
- Ability to coordinate activities with other agencies, build and maintain positive working relationships;
- Ability to understand complex security situation and advise program design accordingly;
- Possess ability to analyze information to develop a complete picture of security situations;
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people of different educational, linguistic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds;
- Spiritual maturity; ability to lead direct reports in their growing relationship with Jesus Christ;
- French language experience. Proficiency is preferred but not required.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*